“Girl Trip!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Longboat Key
Charleston, West Virginia
“Girl Trip!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I just got home from spending 5 night here on an Adult Girl Trip. Overall, we really enjoyed it and would return. I want to hit on a couple of recommendation for improvement:

1. The elevator in Building 4 is SLOW. It took forever.
2. The fridge door in our room didn't stay shut so nothing stayed cold.
3. Carol at the Pool Bar was a walking nightmare. Rude and inconsiderate.
4. Beware EVERYTHING at this resort (and I mean everything) has to be charged to your room.
5. If you order food from the beach. Order before you get hungry. We timed it and it took 45 minutes-an hour after we placed our order to get our food.

Things we loved:
1. Except for Carol at the Pool Bar all the other staff was amazing. Helpful and nice.
2. The beach/pool towels are top quality and big.
3. Beach was wonderful. Kept clean and beautiful.
4. The guys working to find chairs/umbrellas for everyone one the beach were hard working, always busy, and was still very nice.
5. Our room was clean & very nice. Out balcony was amazing to view sunset on.

Like I said overall, we loved it. And I would go back at any chance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Christina W
Thank you for your recent stay and review. Glad you enjoyed your adult girl’s trip to the resort and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Sorry you found the elevator slow and the fridge was not closing properly. I have attempted to reach you directly as well through this site to find out which suite so the fridge can be resolved. Otherwise, we will check the entire building to resolve. Also, apologize that the food service at the beach was slower than it should have been and your employee concern has been noted as well. Yes, we do require everything to be charged to the suite as a way to ensure that only guests or members are using our facility.

Glad you found our associates to be amazing and you enjoyed your experience. Glad you also found the beach to me clean and beautiful and that the team working this area was very nice and helpful for you. It is great that you and your friends were able to enjoy a nice sunset from your very clean suite. Please come back and see us again soon.

rick.benninghove@longboatkeyclub.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Do not stay here. They do not listen to customers requests

We were visiting for a wedding. When I made the reservation, I stressed that we would arrive around noon, and we needed early check in (I even offered to pay for an extra night if necessary). While they did say they would not guarantee it, they thought it reasonable to get into our room by 1:30-2pm ish, if we got in the queue early to wait for a room. And it would be no later than 4pm, when official check in started. With the wedding cocktails at 6pm, this should be sufficient.

We arrived at noon, got in the queue, and waited. And waited. And waited. Not until after 5pm did we finally get into our room. Poor management of cleaning staff, poor room management, poor communication with customers, poor managing expectations.

In fairness, the room was wonderful, the pool and facility was great, but very disappointing overall.

Dear Mdnova:
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that you had a delayed check-in experience on your arrival. Based on your comments, we could have handled this matter differently and have shared your thoughts with the appropriate managers to better resolve in the future.
I can assure you the resort staff does their best to ensure the arriving guests are checked in a seamless matter with minimal waiting time. However there are times due to high occupancy levels this provide a challenge. My understanding is that management did follow up with you on the night of arrival as well as after your stay with us to work to resolve your concern. I hope that this has to some degree will encourage you to stay with us again in the future. Thank you again.

Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a long child-free weekend. We had a wonderful time. I had booked our stay through booking.com but when we were shown to our room it was clearly very different to the room shown on the website. We returned to the front desk where we were informed that the room shown, and the one we had expected, was in actual fact a junior suite. The guy at the front desk was able to find us a junior suite but it was at a slightly increased price, which we decided to pay.

The room was great, with plenty of space including a kitchenette and laundry facilities. The pool was fine, probably a little small for the size of the resort, but we spent most of our time at the beach, which was wonderful from the cabanas to the bar service at the water's edge!

We usually stay at the Hilton on Longboat Key which was closed for renovations. Having now stayed at The Resort at Longboat Key Club, I think we may just have found a new place to vacation!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Bonzo68:

Thank you for staying with us. We greatly appreciate your visit and are glad you enjoyed your time. We can not fully control 3rd party websites, so we always recommend you visit our website to view the room-types, etc.

Glad you enjoyed the Junior Suite with all the space and kitchen and laundry as well as the beach and the service you received there. We look forward to seeing you next trip!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I have stayed at the resort every year but one since 1998. Never have I ever seen the beach so pristine and the staff so attentive. While the pool is average, the rooms are well above average and the beach and grounds are outstanding - as is the staff. It seems that the resort has upgraded the cleanliness of everything and has really encouraged the staff to be extra friendly, with sincerity.
I love this place and my family has built excellent memories over the years. We have brought friends and family here from out of state many times- and I would highly recommend this place for a family beach trip or a wedding. Of all the places we have visited on both coasts, this place is by far the best for a nice long beach vacation. The white sand beach, the sunsets and the incredible, unhindered ocean views really set this place apart.

Stayed July 2014
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you very much for the “5” review and for your recent stay. I’m very pleased you found the beach to be in pristine condition and the staff to be attentive. I will be happy to share your comments with our associates as I also greatly appreciate that they made a positive impression on you during your stay.
Thanks for recommending us to your friends and family and we hope to continue to be your favorite vacation spot.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The property itself was average looking, the beach was excellent and our room was excellent. We had 2 deluxe ocean view rooms- 3207, 3307. Our family met up here for a week in July. We had 8 people- 1 kid, 2 teens and 5 adults.
We had a bit of a wait for the rooms to be ready- after long flights and long drives that was a pain- They were nice enough to credit us a lunch while we waited.
The resort was as we anticipated- it wasn't stunning but it was very lovely to stay at. Our rooms were very clean, very well done, very comfortable and very spacious. The kitchen served us well as we cooked many meals. If we didnt clean up a pot here or there it was very nice to see that the daily service did it for us- they had the rooms picked up and clean by the time we returned from the beach.
We loved the beach. We loved having the umbrellas and cabanas set up when we got there- the workers were extremely pleasant, not pushy and never seemed to have their hand out for a tip- of course tipping is greatly appreciated and earned by the way the guys hustle up umbrellas etc... we were in the water for hours- saw manta rays, manatees and the kids loved trying out the paddle boards. I used the gym everyday and found it to be very well maintained and well equipped- very clean.
We went to be with family, relax on the beach and really just let time go by and it served us very well-
Our littlest guy loved the pool and made friends with other kids from all over- the pool got a tad crowed as it is not huge- but you are there for that beautiful beach-
The one thing I did find odd was that someone puts out cat food for stray cats- it was just spread in little piles by the loading area which was very close to our rooms- One or two cats would have been ok- but there were some days with 8 or more- just a bit off putting.

Room Tip: 3307 nd 3207 were very nice- extremely comfortable and terrific views
Dear mosdry:
Thank you for your stay and review. I’m glad you enjoyed your two deluxe two bedroom suites 3207 and 3307 over your week stay. I apologize there was a bit of a wait coming in as we ant to be sure the suite is in perfect condition before occupancy.
I’m glad you found the rooms “very clean, very well done, very comfortable and very spacious”. I also am happy to see the daily housekeeping was timely and anticipated your needs.
I agree the beach is wonderful and the beach attendants were very attentive to you with umbrellas and cabanas. The team does work very hard and I’m proud of how they maintain a positive attitude. The paddleboards are certainly a don’t miss experience and a great way to enjoy all the wildlife as you mention.
Our gym is well equipped and I appreciate that you found it clean as well. Glad your little guy enjoyed the pool and made friends. It is a very popular spot as you mention. The cat feeding is a local supported program that also includes spaying to keep the population low. Without that, the cats used to be much more prevalent. Under the program, the population slowly reduces in a humane fashion.
Thank you again for being our guest and your very kind and thoughtful review.

Wesley Chapel, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I get one family vacation a year and booked it at this location. What a mistake! None of the staff takes ownership or pride in this resort, which explains why the rooms are in such terrible condition. The staff either notices the problems with the room and does not report it or management does not care or can afford to fix it. The first room we had to leave because the prior tenant must have spilled perfume or something. The second room, the bed frame was broken so our we slept with our feet being higher than our heads. The bathroom door got stuck when you could close it all the way. Cabinet doors were pretty shaby as well. I parked my car in the guest parking area apparently which was near a broken sprinkler head. Now I have to pay a couple of hundred dollars to have a professional auto detailer to remove the sulfer water damage from the finish on my car. Open dumpsters by the open loading dock that I walked by each morning to go to the main area with dozens of birds feeding off the trash even while the staff is standing there. No one thinks to even close the lid?? The outdoor dining could be nice but there is bird crap all over the chairs and tables. All the employees could say was "sorry" which I heard a dozen times. When I checked out and I was asked about my stay, I told the clerk it was very disappointing. Once again, I heard "sorry". She did not inquire further and just checked me out to the tune of $1,100.00. The supervisor who was right behind her listening, said nothing and did not even make eye contact which is another reflection on the lack of everyone's ownership. Do not waste your money at this place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark M:
I am very disappointed to hear of your experience and apologize. Your experience is certainly not our typical or acceptable. I will be reaching out to you through trip-advisor to follow-up with you and determine your suite # and do a thorough review of the items you mention here. None of these issues are acceptable and all should be caught in our thorough inspection program

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

LBKC obviously has fans and those who will find fault no matter what. As an overseas visitor we found it to be exactly as expected.

Beach front properties can be affected by sand salt and humidity but we did not find it tatty at all. It has fantastic views out over the gulf, the pool area was busy but the beach side much quieter with plenty availability of loungers and umbrellas and after all that's why we booked a beach front property. Great facilities on site should you wish to use them or just relax and kick back. The beds were fantastic with very comfortable clean and fresh accomodation. Yes the air conditioner unit is noisy and did disturb sleep but that has been commented on before. Be warned but it is not enough to detract from an otherwise very positive experience.

Issues. Seemed to be an issue with our reservation made via 3rd part site and we didn't get what we expected but that could quite possible have been our error, the upside was that Dante at reception couldn't have been more helpful. Rooms were changed, twice! And it was no trouble to the front desk. That is good customer service

As for comments re resort fee. As Europeans we find it bizarre too and don't understand why there isn't just a straight forward inclusive room fee but this is by no means unique to LBKC and is absolutely clear when making reservations both here and all across Florida. We now expect to add on resort fees parking fees etc There were no hidden surprise here except that you don't pay for on site parking, a first in our current trip.

In summary great location, good standard of accomodation with friendly and welcoming staff who were prepared to put some effort in when we needed help. Thank you

Dear Travelling_Sc0ts
Thank you for being our guest and for your review. I’m glad you enjoyed the views and found the property to be in proper condition. I also appreciate that you found plenty of availability of loungers and umbrellas at the beach to enjoy. I also appreciate that you had a good nights rest on the beds and you found the suite clean and fresh. I apologize you found the A/C a bit noisy. We are currently replacing several older models to remedy this concern.
I have shared your kind review with Dante and thanked him for the exceptional service he provided you in getting you into the accommodations you prefer.
I understand your concern with the resort fee, but as you mention, it is traditional for resorts to show the resort fee separately, but always quote it during the reservation process so you may include it with your planning.
Again, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to review us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

rick.benninghove@longboatkeyclub.com

Been to Resort at Longboat Key Club? Share your experiences!