We stayed at RLKC for 2 nights to celebrate my wife's birthday. At checkin, Dante made it clear that we would not like the view in the available Jr. Suites, which is what we had reserved. He said he had already been authorized to upgrade our reservation to a 1 brdrm suite. When Dante said this would be in Bldg 1, I told him that I was aware of some issues in Bldg 1 based on reviews I had read. He assured me the issues were only because of the other bldgs were so much newer, not Bldg 1. He also said if we didn't like the room, once we saw it we could change back to the Jr. Suite. Once we saw the 1 Bdrm Suite, we loved it. It was equivalent to a nicely appointed 1 Brdrm Condo. Naturally, we opted to stay there.
To make a long story short, the previous reviews were correct. The air conditioner noise when the compressor turn on was almost unbearable. I say almost because we chose this trade off for the nice homey feel of the place... and the nice view. Besides we were only there for 2 nights. We did have 2 other small maintenance issues: the IR sensors for both TVs was turned away so the remotes didn't work until the maintenance tech moved them to a point where they worked; also, the smoked detector in the bedroom was flashing every few seconds. I know this may be normal for the addressable smoke detectors, but my wife likes a completely dark bedroom in order to sleep, and this flashing even annoyed me too. The maintenance tech said what I expected, that this was normal, so I asked him if he could cover it with a piece of tape. These were the Cons of our stay.
We used the gym and spa facilities every day we were there and loved it all. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcomed (for a Black couple like us, that hasn't always been the case at some other resorts). We also had fun at the beautiful beach and rather small pool. Again, the reviews were true regarding the waiter service. There was only one waitress we saw taking orders around the pool. We were never able to get her attention the whole time we were there (about 2hrs)... others were annoyed by this also. On the beach there wasn't any waiter service that we could see. We were there about 4 hrs total.
Upon checkout, I did mention issues we had with the resort to the manager, who gave me his card so I can contact him on a future stay with an upgrade.
In summary, we feel the RLKC has some issues that need to be addressed in a straightforward manner in their advertisements and realistically reflected in their pricing. We also loved certain aspects of the resort which were indeed first class. We will be watching resolutions to their issues in future reviews before entertaining a return visit to RLKC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four-Diamond private beach front resort just off the coast of Sarasota. Elegantly appointed suite accommodations feature a kitchen, washer/dryer, private balcony and twice daily housekeeping. On-site amenities include six restaurants, championship golf, all new Tennis Gardens, Spa, fitness center, marina, year-round Kids Klub and miles of white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Resort at Longboat Key Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longboat Key Club Hotel Longboat Key
- Longboat Key Club And Resort
- Longboat Key Resort
- Longboat Key Hotel
- Longboat Key Club Resort