“what a great place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Longboat Key
Tampa, Florida
“what a great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

a one bed room beach view.....great place service, service on the beach food drinks what every you like...great room...friendly staff...you will enjoy...great place to bring the kids too...or just couples.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Happy6085
Thank you for your very nice review. Glad you enjoyed everything about your stay from the one bedroom suite view to the service throughout. Thank you for mentioning the staff is very friendly and recommending us to others as an enjoyable place.

rick.benninghove@longboatkeyclub.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I stayed here on business in early June. The resort is nice. Beach was clean and pool seemed nice as well. Hotel staff were very accommodating. The room was nice as well. The toilet made funny noises at night which was disturbing but other than that it was good. My only complaint was someone before me had left false eyelashes (used) stuck to the counter. A little gross....

Room Tip: I had a junior suite with an oceanview.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for being our guest and for your review. I’m glad that you felt the resort and your suite was nice and that the staff were very accommodating. I apologize for the 2 issues in the suite. Those should have both been resolved prior to you occupying the unit and I have reviewed this with our inspection team. Our continued goal is to present a perfect suite for you upon checkin. If anything is ever not perfect, we want to hear about it while you are with us so we may correct as well. Thank you again for being our guest.

Lake Forest, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed at the this hotel on June 5 and 6, 2014 and had a wonderful time. When we checked in, they double upgraded us to a two bedroom suite. The room was simply spectacular. It had a 40 foot balcony and seemed to be directly over the beach on the 8th floor. The view was so good that we decided to have our meals in the room to enjoy the view. The service was excellent. This was one of the finer hotels that we stayed in the United States. I highly recommend it.

Dear TravelingRomantics:
Thank you very much for the “5” review and for your recent stay with us. I am not able to improve upon your wonderful comment of “this is one of the finer hotels that we stayed in in the United States”, so I simply say thank you and we appreciate you recommending us.

Hoschton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The views, tennis, bicycle riding, and beach have made this resort a pleasure for us to visit each year. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. We always choose the lagoon view because it is quiet and lovely with the beautiful water, palm trees, and small marina just below the balcony. The lights across the bridge make a spectacular nighttime view.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lagoon side are our favorite because they are quieter and just above the water. A palm...
Dear jmpok
Thank you for the “5” rating and for being a valued guest over the last 20 years. Thank you for mentioning the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I will gladly share your comments with our team. It pleases me that you enjoyed the lagoon view building. I agree it offers great views and extends the view into the nighttime with skyline views.
We look forward to seeing you again and truly appreciate your continued patronage of the resort.

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was born and have lived in Florida most of my life but this was my first trip to Longboat Key. It is now a favorite spot for me and we will return to the Resort at LB Key as often as possible. The beach and water are incredible - crystal clear water - frequent appearances of dolphin and manatee passing by. The resort is near perfect makes the experience even better. Our room - a junior suite in bldg. 3 - was spacious, well appointed and very comfortable. The "kitchenette" includes a cooktop, microwave, refrigerator/freezer, and washer/dryer. We used it all! Huge bathroom and comfortable bedding. Each suite has a nice size porch that includes a chaise lounge and table with 4 chairs. The view from each room is to the beach and pool area. The resort was sold out but still very quiet. The staff extremely friendly. We will return - often I hope.

Room Tip: Ask for Building 3 - all rooms face the beach. Also request floor 4 or higher - to avoid the tops o...
Dear MDC0
Thank you for your “5” rating and for being our guest. Great to hear that your first experience with us was an exceptional one. I never tire of watching the manatee and the dolphin as they frolic on our waters. Great that you found everything in your junior suite to be spacious and well appointed. Your description of the unit and view is appreciated. Thank you for mentioning the friendly staff and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed for 5 days with wife and daughter, we had a good rest after travelling to Orlando for 9 days . Hotel is clean and our 1 bedroom suite had a excellent view of the gulf. I cannot say there was anything wrong with the Hotel or complex just that in my opinion for the price you are paying you do not get the quality / standard you would expect for the $ you pay.
Slight problem with sleep , we stayed in Block 1 and lots of banging noises at night , approached Hotel Desk and they informed me it was the tide slapping against the wall, I guess they cannot do anything about it but it still does not distract from the fact you do not get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. I’m glad you had a good rest and you found the hotel clean and your one bedroom unit had a great view of the Gulf of Mexico. I am not familiar with the sounds you are speaking of. If there is a storm in the area and the normally flat water is creating waves, you may hear the natural sounds of waves against the sand on the beach. There is no retaining wall in front of our resort and it is direct sand entry.

baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We travelled to Longboat Key over the Memorial Day weekend. I went in with low expectations after reading quite a few reviews and also being used to staying at the Breakers in West Palm. I was actually presently surprised - we had a nice room with a great balcony overlooking the lagoon which we loved. It was tranquil and peaceful and my 5 year old enjoyed all the marine life he could view from the balcony as well as the crabs on the sidewalk down below. The bathroom definitely needs an update there was mildew on the wall and water pressure was not great, carpets need to be cleaned and the dryer did not dry our clothes I ended up hanging them up inside the room. Other than that it was nice.

The pool with close proximity to the beach was nice. The wooden walk way needs to be replaced as it is splintering and nails were sticking up - it would also have been nice to have showers in the bathrooms by the pool like the do at many hotels like the Hyatt in Sarasota so if you have a late flight you can shower and change. Food service was below average in the sense that one it was extremely slow and quality was lacking. I always got my son a child's meal and he was never offered a drink with the meal and it came with it and one time was actually charged for his drink that was included. The servers seem understaffed and overworked for a busy weekend.

The waterfront staff was very helpful and accommodating and I loved the location. With a few minor upgrades and tweaks it could be a four star.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear backchick
Thank you for your very nice review and feedback on you recent stay. I’m glad you enjoyed your holiday weekend with us and we hope to see you again in the future. I agree that he lagoon view building is a beautiful building and the view is very peaceful. We are fortunate to very often have manatee and dolphin visiting the lagoon area. I apologize that you found any issues in your suites . After a busy season, we are busy right now refreshing with preventative maintenance checklists and deep cleans of our suites. Our goal is to have everything perfect at all times. If anything is not 100% right, we want to hear about it while you are staying with us so we may immediately resolve.
I appreciate your comments on the pool area and its proximity to the beach area. We are constantly updating our product and I appreciate your observations on the wooden walkways to the beach. All of those walkways are being replaced this year. We do have showers and changing areas at our Islandside tennis building as well as at our spa for guest use. I’m sorry that was not clear, but the spa locker rooms are a wonderful relaxing place to freshen up on those late flight check-out days. We have reviewed your comments on the kids meal and drink with our food and beverage team. This should be seamless for you as our guest and I appreciate you mentioning.
I appreciate that you felt the waterfront staff was very helpful and accomodating and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

rick.benninghove@longboatkeyclub.com

Been to Resort at Longboat Key Club? Share your experiences!