Great location on one of the best beaches in Florida. Too bad that The Resort at Longboat Key Club Resort does not feel compelled to either upgrade their rooms or adjust their pricing to accurately reflect the age of the resort or quality of food services.
We paid $995 per night for a okay but dated room-- not worth more than $300 per night AT BEST. There was mold around the base of the toilets and tub, very loud A/C awoke our entire family throughout the night when the compressor turned on & off, a constant electrical humming noise indicative of very old wiring, and if you enjoy a nice breakfast forget The Longboat Key Club!
The Sunday Brunch is $22 per person which would be what you would expect at a nice Florida Beach Resort of 4-Stars plus (LBK Club is 2-3 Stars AT BEST).... The breakfast buffet and service where terrible- cold eggs, under cooked bacon & sausage, the absolute worst potato cakes EVER (too bad this was the only choice), and to make matters worse when we asked if we could order off a menu due to items discussed above with Manager on Duty we were told ("Unfortunately Sunday is very busy so we cannot guarantee the kitchen will prepare anything off the
menu"). So your choices are eat the stuff which we had attempted to politely address as being unacceptable or go hungry (as this the only choice for breakfast at the resort). We asked for a compromise--we asked the manager if some of the buffet items could be refreshed with properly cooked items? This took 40 mins and was still a terrible experience.
If you want to go to a resort that requires you to drive to St Armand's circle to attain a good meal and if the price were less than $300 p/night I would not complain, but for a property to try and pass itself off as 4-Stars and price itself as a 5-Star is FALSE Advertising. Our family loves LBK and has been coming to the area for 15+ years (as it is only 2 hours away from our home), but we will NOT come back to The Longboat Key Club until management addresses some significant short comings.
To bad after asking a manager to contact us that neither my wife or I have received a single communication.... We recommend staying at another property to enjoy this lovely part of Florida but save your hard earned money for another proper that will appreciate your business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four-Diamond private beach front resort just off the coast of Sarasota. Elegantly appointed suite accommodations feature a kitchen, washer/dryer, private balcony and twice daily housekeeping. On-site amenities include six restaurants, championship golf, all new Tennis Gardens, Spa, fitness center, marina, year-round Kids Klub and miles of white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Resort at Longboat Key Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longboat Key Club Hotel Longboat Key
- Longboat Key Club And Resort
- Longboat Key Resort
- Longboat Key Hotel
- Longboat Key Club Resort