My husband and I spent five nights at the resort early in April. A hotel of this size is not our favorite, but we chose to stay here based on the excellent tennis reputation. That was most certainly accurate! Zo, the tennis concierge was wonderful in setting up doubles matches for my husband; the courts were great and there are many players either at the resort or wintering on Longboat Key to provide plenty of variety and excellent competition.
Our room was fine. We were in the lagoon view suites and would actually request that room again. These rooms are a bit more quiet and we enjoyed sitting on our balcony watching boaters and dolphins. Room was quite clean with a nice kitchen area, very convenient for snacks, lunches and drinks. There was a good sized flat screen TV and seating area which we really only used to watch some of the NCAA Final Four. There was a little issue with the faucet for our shower, but after we called, it was resolved quickly. I would say the rooms, primarily the bathrooms could use some updating, but nothing that would keep me from staying again. I am very particular about linens and these were fine.
The beach is lovely, long and nice for walking. There are plenty of chairs. The pool was very busy and being used mostly by families with children having a blast. If you are counting on a quiet pool or beach bar, the level of activity there might bother you. We only ate breakfast at the hotel and it was quite good. There was an excellent brunch on Sunday morning.
There are a few good restaurants in the immediate area, but if we return we would venture into Sarasota more as it seemed very easy to navigate. St Armand's Circle, with many restaurants and shops, is very near the hotel, but is very busy and parking is a little tricky.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four-Diamond private beach front resort just off the coast of Sarasota. Elegantly appointed suite accommodations feature a kitchen, washer/dryer, private balcony and twice daily housekeeping. On-site amenities include six restaurants, championship golf, all new Tennis Gardens, Spa, fitness center, marina, year-round Kids Klub and miles of white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Resort at Longboat Key Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longboat Key Club Hotel Longboat Key
- Longboat Key Club And Resort
- Longboat Key Resort
- Longboat Key Hotel
- Longboat Key Club Resort