“This review is for their restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$75 Daily Resort Credit
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Longboat Key
Sarasota, Florida
“This review is for their restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Dining at the Resort's Sands Point Restaurant is a very pleasant experience. Friendly staff, good menu selection, and well prepared delicious food served professionally. The minus is the prices with for instance lamb chops costing $55.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear SRQMike:
Thank you for the "5" rating and for taking the time to rate your experience at Sands Pointe. Glad you found the "staff friendly, good menu selection, and well prepared delicious food served professionally." we look forward to having you dine with us again in the near future.

rick.benninghove@longboatkeyclub.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
brooklyn, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We came to the resort with our three year old and 15 month old and had a wonderful stay. The resort provided two Foundations brand pack n plays which were clean. They also had the proper small pack n play fitted sheets which is rarely the case when we travel to other hotels. I communicated with Mr. Rick Benninghove prior to our stay and he made sure all of my requests were met. He got us a fabulous room (2001) which was on the top floor so no noise above. The room had a great view of the pool, beach and bay. Also had our room available an hour prior to check in. A double stroller I had mailed down was waiting for us at check in.

The room was really nice. Clean. And we had a two bedroom suite which was very spacious. The kids absolutely loved the room and were always excited to get back and run around inside and on the patio. There are ipod docs (old ipod receiver) so we could have silly dance parties to our kids' fave tunes. We had our baby sleep in the guest room and our three year old sleep in the common area. This set up generally worked well for us. The one thing I would caution others to is the air conditioning unit is in a closet near common area and it is rather loud when it turns on. Fortunately I am neurotic and brought my kids white noise machines which helped with this though it was still loud.

The beach is beautiful. Nice white sand. I took my three year old out in the ocean in his floaties and he loved it. Very calm water. Both kids loved playing in the sand. It was always easy to get a couple umbrellas and chairs right near the water even with the resort being close to capacity. I was only approached once or twice for a food or drink order though. Lots of friendly families with little kids to play with. We dragged our double stroller out to the beach and kids had snacks in there under the shade of umbrellas. Saw lots of other families doing the same.

The pool was nice and heated. Also always easy to get a couple chairs there. We would often place our food order at the bar for take out, hop back in the pool and begin getting the kids ready five or ten minutes later and the food would be there ready to go up with our family for lunch and nap in the room.

Room service was quick and friendly, though often forgot drinks. Were quick to bring up missing items. Menu is a bit limited. Another guests did tell us you could request food from one of the restaurants through room service at dinner time. We did not try this but had we been there another night we might have.

Housekeeping did not make it to our room one day despite us being out of the room from 10 to 1:30. That was a little disappointing.

Truly, all the personnel on the resort are friendly and helpful which is rarely the case at other resorts.

We attended a wedding here which was also really nice. Picturesque on the beach. The ceremony was a bit hot in the sun. The reception was under a tent. Also warm. Buffet dinner. Food was tasty. It was a good wedding venue for kids cause they literally played in the sand throughout the whole thing.

One strange complaint I would point out is that when we were relaxing on our balcony at night we could hear a belt from what I assume is a main air conditioning unit on one of the nearby single story buildings going on and off. It was a high pitched squealing. I mentioned it to other guests staying two floors below us and they knew exactly what I was referring to. Just not ideal when you are looking at the beautiful stars and should be hearing mainly the waves crashing below.

This was a wonderful first vacation as a family of four. We were very comfortable and my kids had a blast. My son said he didn't want to go home. I would definitely recommend the resort to young families. I could also see my husband and I having a very romantic getaway there without the kids so it is not just a place for families. I'm really glad we came. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: 2001 was a winner!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear jmuamy:
Thank you for your rating of “5”! It was a pleasure to have communicated with you prior and during your stay. Greatly appreciate your family staying with us while you were here for the wedding. Glad you were able to enjoy the fabulous view from your suite and your children were able to enjoy the “silly dance parties”. I agree it is a beautiful view from 2001. Our goal is to have our suites function like your home where you can be fully comfortable.

Glad you enjoyed the pool and beach area and you felt that even though the hotel was at capacity, there was plenty of seats and space to enjoy yourself. Also happy to hear you found the room very clean and spacious. Sorry, housekeeping did not meet your expectations on one day. On your next stay, if you have a particular time you want your room cleaned, just let us know and we will arrange with our housekeeping team.
I apologize for the noise that you heard from the balcony. We have been up to the balcony several times and not been able to hear it, but have asked our technicians to go through all the belts etc on adjacent building to make sure it is not an issue going forward.

Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to seeing your family again in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Here a beach wedding, got here early. Went to the bar and asked for a diet coke and a club soda. Was told they could not accommodate us cause we weren't staying there, but could give us water. Geeze! Guess betters can't be choosers.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Valarie HD:
Yes, you are required to be a hotel guest or a member to use the restaurants and amenities of the resort. This is for the benefit of our guests to be sure the property is fully available to them. Hopefully next time you are in the area, you will consider staying with us so you can enjoy the wonderful amenities.

Columbus, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed 4 nights at an oceanfront room. The room was very clean, bathroom also very clean. We had a balcony overlooking the beach. This is a very quiet part of the beach. Not too many people around. We will come back again. Loved watching the sunset everyday from our balcony.

Room Tip: Get oceanfront room, it is worth the price.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
DinaColumbus_NC
Thank you for the “5” review. We greatly appreciate your staying with us and glad you loved your clean room with the great view of the sunset! Hope to see you again in the future.

Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I checked into this resort today and so far are not impressed. There has already been much said about the resort fees so I won't elaborate except to say - the hotel should really provide ALL of what they claim those fees cover. To show up 7 months obviously pregnant and have no one offer to help us with our bags after waiting 1.5 hrs for the room - how can you justify including bellman services in this fee?? I called the front desk to point this out after my husband made 4 trips to our 3rd floor room and all the explanation I got was that the "fee includes lots of other things as well". "Make sure you call at check out and someone will help you". Right. And if I had brought my own towel could I then opt out of this fee? Unlikely.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Eastcoast N:
I sincerely apologize if bag services were not offered. That is not our standard and it is unacceptable. We have ample bellman to aid all of our guests with check-in and check-out and it certainly should have been handled for you. I see you wrote this review after only the first day with us. Hopefully your stay improved as it continued. I would like to speak to you concerning your experience so I have the opportunity to make it right for you .I may be reached directly at 941-387-1567.

portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

we have stayed here for the last couple of years and love this resort with the exception of checking in. this year we waited 1hour and an half for our room to be ready. this has happened every year. maybe they need to hire more help to clean and better communication with the staff. this is really doesnt start your vacation at Longboat Key with a positive note. this year the whole staff seemed to be frazzled.

Room Tip: building one or four are great
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear ddrob:
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m glad you love the resort and we appreciate you returning over the past several years. I apologize you had to wait for your suite but it is important to us that we prepare it properly for you. If you are planning to arrive prior to check-in time, it may be helpful to let us know so we may priority status the suite. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

The location was beach front with a spa and golf about 1/4 mile from our tower. The rooms were fully equipped with a kitchen, dish and laundry machine. But, this 4 star resort was very far from 5 star. The elevators were worn with cracked tiles, which pretty much described the place. The beach had free chairs and cabanas, drinks were inexpensive so, they did offer value. The breakfasts were inexpensive and good. Service was spotty, with many Eastern Europeans waiting on tables in a not so efficient fashion.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Benninghove, Manager at Resort at Longboat Key Club, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Detmazoo:

Thank you for your review of the resort. I appreciate your mention of the fully equipped kitchen as well as the fact that we offer value. I apologize for the elevator floor issues. We agree and have it scheduled as we end season. All elevator cab floors are in the process of being replaced and should be completed in the next 30 days. I will review your service concerns with our associates as we strive for an exceptional service delivery

Also consider these accommodations in or near Longboat Key
Hotel Indigo Sarasota
Hotel Indigo Sarasota
#2 of 46 in Sarasota
4.5 of 5 stars 663 reviews

Been to Resort at Longboat Key Club? Share your experiences!