Stayed here from 8/28-9/4. The hotel is in a great location on a gorgeous beach but that's all it has going for it. Way too much per night for what it is. In fact ridiculously overpriced, $1900.00 for 7 nights and that includes nothing, plus they charge $14/day "resort fee". The property is old and dated, room was ok, nothing special, although the shower (water pressure) was the best of any hotel we've been to before. Very loud AC when it kicks on. Pool area is very simple, service is inconsistent. Food and drinks very expensive with an automatic 20% gratuity charged. On the last day there, only one server was walking around and never came up to ask if we wanted anything, I ended up going to order lunch for my children directly at the bar. After a long while of waiting my husband went to check on the order and it was sitting there waiting for us to pick it up, no one bothered telling us it was ready even though there was barely anyone at the pool that day, and they still charged us the gratuity!!!!!! why do I have to pay gratuity if no one served us!!!!! You order a drink at the bar ($12-15 average price) they charge gratuity!!!!! Outrageous!!!! we only had dinner at one of their restaurants on the night we arrived as we were not familiar with the area, went to Portofino which was a 3 mile shuttle ride lol, spent over $100 on some pasta and a kid's pizza. The rest of the week we had dinner at St. Armand's circle, which is nearby and was wonderful for shopping, walking around people watching. Had dinner 3 times at El Columbia Restaurant, very good cuban/spanish food, delicious mojitos and very reasonably priced. Kids menu has awesome palomillo steak and fries for like $7. Average dinner for 4 was like $70 for very good food. Also ate at Venezia, not recommended and terrible service. Had ice cream at Kilwin's every night, yes it's that good and line out the door. Breakfast one morning only (we bought breakfast foods at Publix and ate in the room) at the Blue Dolphin Cafe, very average, bland food, crappy service.
I agree with a previous reviewer about bed bugs, I didn't see them but I woke up with red welts by mid week all over my ankles, arms, hands, legs. First I thought they were mosquito bites from walking around St. Armands in the evenings but they were so itchy and looked different from regular bites. After reading the review and looking up bed bug bite images, I believe that's what I had and still am getting over as they take a long time to go away. I had the tell tale cluster of bites or "3 in a row" pattern. Gross. I only pray we didn't bring any home with us in the luggage or clothing. Another incident we had at the hotel was one night, around 10:30pm, as we were getting ready for bed, the fire alarm in our building (#5) went off. There was no fire and after the fire dept came to inspect, the hotel manager said it was someone that set it off as a prank. I read older reviews and apparently this has happened before. Not sure if there is some glitch with their system, but my kids were scared to death and my son had trouble sleeping that night. Housekeeping didn't leave us any bath towels one day. Lobby staff snobbish. I am giving this hotel 3 stars because of it's location and beautiful beach, otherwise, the nightly rate at this hotel is exorbitant for what you get, which is basically a place to sleep and shower. Would stay elsewhere if visiting this area again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four-Diamond private beach front resort just off the coast of Sarasota. Elegantly appointed suite accommodations feature a kitchen, washer/dryer, private balcony and twice daily housekeeping. On-site amenities include six restaurants, championship golf, all new Tennis Gardens, Spa, fitness center, marina, year-round Kids Klub and miles of white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Resort at Longboat Key Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longboat Key Club And Resort
- Longboat Key Club Hotel Longboat Key
- Longboat Key Resort
- Longboat Key Hotel
- Longboat Key Club Resort