“Beautiful Room and View” 5 of 5 stars

Resort at Longboat Key Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   220 Sands Point Road, Longboat Key, FL 34228   |
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Longboat Key
Sarasota
“Beautiful Room and View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Longboat Key Club & Resort. The room was spacious and very clean! The staff was so helpful and friendly from the very moment we checked in. They were able to help us with our dinner arrangements and transportation. And I cannot say enough about the waterfront view. Love the LBKC&R!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

558 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The Longboat Key Club and Resort was PERFECT for our anniversary get away. We got a room with a beach view to die for. It was so restful and NICE.There was plenty of room for two to sit on the balcony that overlooks the Gulf.

Everything was in excellent condition our room. It was high-end and had updated quality decor. They had very comfortable CLEAN bedding. CLEAN carpets and tile. Larger than usual shampoo. We had an unexpected kitchenette with glassware, silverware, microwave, stocked fridge, ice, etc. (No stove). It was very QUIET in January. The Resort Grounds were very well maintained and beautiful. Thanks to Hotels.com we got a reasonable price too. I highly recommend LBK Club and would love to go back longer on our next visit.

Room Tip: It's so worth it to get a beach view for the sunsets alone. South Building, 3rd floor was fantas...
Fairfield CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

My family and I chose the Longboat key club for a quick getaway in the sun and also to visit some local family. My husband and I had stayed at the Ritz Sarasota a few weeks prior, and that was very nice. I chose this hotel for this trip based on its location and the ability to have a large 2 bedroom suite on the beach, with the added amenities of a kitchen, living room and dining area. It also was about 40% less than 2 standard rooms at the Ritz. I was skeptical because I really like 5 star resorts, but I thought we would give it a whirl for a few days.

Here are the quick pros and cons:

Pros:
Beautiful beach and location.
Plenty of beach loungers and chaises around the pool.
Very large oversized rooms, tastefully decorated.
Quiet with large sliding glass doors to let in the fresh air and to hear the surf.
Very family friendly, the kids loved being able to order their milkshakes etc. from around the pool area and go down to breakfast by themselves.
Ample self parking near your unit, so even though you are still paying the resort fee, at least you do not have to wait ages for your car.
Lots of pool towels available.
Towels and robes in room of high quality
Good value for money

Cons:

The housekeeping was the one main and blaring inconsistency with the high quality of this 4 star resort. More on this later.

Bed was not too comfortable and pillows were not good quality, so I suggest take your own.

Also in line with the housekeeping you will want to take some of your own clorox/windex wipes for the room, unless they have got this in check by the time you get there.

Grout on floor tile especially in bathrooms needs a real touch up, it's dark and looks grotty - this is an easy fix!

We made the reservation thru American Express Fine Resorts and Hotels and were able to take advantage of an early check in and late check out which was great. We had the highest class of room, a 2 bedroom deluxe suite and it was huge, 2700 square feet. We were on the 3rd floor in the South building with I recommend if you are looking for more peace and quiet. If you like a little more people watching, then go for one of the buildings over the pool. Check in was great, we drove thru the guard gate, who asked our name, so by the time we had pulled up to reception, they had all our info and details. Very nice. We were shown to the room and after walking in and seeing how nice it was, it became obvious no one had been in the room in a LONG time. There was a power drill left on the front console, and a thick layer of dust and sand covered almost every surface. The floor needed a serious vacuuming, and there were at least 10 areas where they were drips and stains of grease, juice, other unknown substances on the walls. Most light switches and doors had grubby black fingermarks on them, and the water in the showers and taps spluttered out rusty brown water before clearing up. My son stepped on a large piece of wood and splintered his foot. I called the front desk and told them the room was great, but we needed someone up to vacuum and clean pronto. 30 mins later a man with a vacuum turned up, with nothing else. He told me he only vacuumed, did not clean. OK hmmm. Called the front desk again and eventually ( 2 more calls later ) a crew of 3 ladies turned up with a "supervisor". The "supervisor" was simply put, shockingly rude. She glared at me as I smiled and welcomed them into the room and she argued with me that the dust on the the tables was actually under the glass :) . When I also pointed out the drips, stains, short hairs on the chairs, in the soap dish and the silverfish with hairs and crumbs in the cloths drawers where I could not put my clothes, she actually LAUGHED, a very nasty laugh, shrugged her shoulders, turned her back and walked out of the room not uttering another word. If the supervisor of housekeeping turns up with this attitude about the cleanliness of the rooms, ( and in addition, an attitude towards the guests ) then unfortunately you know where you will stand in this respect. I gave up finally and went to the Publix, got my own cleaning supplies and was done with it. After the room was in good shape, then the rest of the trip was very enjoyable and we even extended it by a day.

I went to the Spa twice, which was nice. The pedicure I received from Shantalle was great, the massage I got was not great. The therapist wore latex gloves thru out the massage only to take them off at the end? The feeling of latex gloves and the sound of them wasn’t pleasant. However, my Sister in Law had a different therapist and said it was great.

There is a Publix, CVS and liquor store on the island, 3 miles away. Turn left out of the main entrance and it is your first traffic light. Very nice and they have everything you need for your stay.

Contrary to some other reviews about the lack of pool staff and attitude of beach boys, we found them to be very helpful and friendly. No complaints at all. The food at Barefoots ( the pool area ) was the best we had in any of the restaurants during our stay. It was really very good. The only restaurant on site we ate at was “Portofinos “ which actually is a 3 mile drive away. The hostess was really quite rude, the waiter fantastic, and the food was decent. I wouldn’t go back there though- too stuffy country club feeling for us. Some of the best evenings we had were just cooking in the kitchen and enjoying our wonderful patio overlooking the ocean.

This is a solid 4 star property, with very nice staff and good rooms. It is more of a family friendly type place than a romantic get away. We thought it was perfect for our family and visiting Sister with her two babies. If we are traveling with our family to Sarasota again, we will return to this property.

Room Tip: South building for peace and quiet, and a higher floor for a good view
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Husband and I recently spent nine glorious days in a beachview club suite at the Longboat Key Club & Resort. The time we were here was so enjoyable, we did not want to go home. From the moment we checked in with the friendly and efficient front desk staff to the time we sadly had to leave, everything was top notch in terms of amenities and service.

If you like to golf, play tennis, enjoy the spa or just want to relax by the pool or on the beach, I would defintely recommend this resort. This resort is also convenient to St. Armands Circle, museums, entertainment and many great restaurants.

Room Tip: The beachview club suite was perfect for couples. It overlooked the Gulf of Mexico and the pool are...
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed in unit 4505 which had a very poor bed (big v with two in bed) and odor only partly masked by scent sticks in the unit. Dinner was nice and blend of amenities nice, however.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I have stayed here three times now, Feb '10, Oct '10, and Sept '11. Great beach. Older property but rooms have been totally redone and are large and very, very nice. Cuban sandwich and the on site resturant is the best I have ever had. Great pool area, not crowded as it is a very large pool. It is an expensive place, but very nice. Workout room also very nice and large. My wife got a massage and said it was very good. This is a short dirve to St Armonds Circle and all the shopping. The Met is cool store, worth a trip over to the Circle. Also, Beach Bistro is a 25 minute drive to the north, well worth it. One of my top 3 meals every. My company has held two small conference here at LBK Club and Resort and they did a great job.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

If you to stay at a tennis/golf resort where the staff there are professional, friendly and are ready to assist you, then you must try Longboat Key Club and Resort. It's a 4 stars resort, but the staff services are 5 stars.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Resort at Longboat Key Club? Share your experiences!