“Not Enjoyable” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Longboat Key
Miami, Florida
“Not Enjoyable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Dated musty smelling room. Pool closed very early, and property was just "ok." If you want to be on a secluded beach and dont care about the room quality, it might be ok for you. Wasn't enjoyable for me.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

LBKGM, General Manager at Hilton Longboat Key Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your visit to Longboat Key, but would welcome another opportunity to serve you once the hotel has been fully renovated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Upper Brookville, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I did not book this trip and it was my bad for not checking TRIP ADVISOR until it was too late only to find that this hotel was basically closing for a major renovation the second the door hits me in the butt...arrived at 9:30pm...No restaurant, no bar no anything at that hour...already preparing my exit as soon as I could book another hotel! The morning sun on Long Boat Key can change your perspective very quickly. I decided to give it a day...I am still here ....this review will not benefit anyone in the short term as you will not be in this hotel for at least a year and a half...but I hope that a year and a half from now I am the first review people see and learn a few things about this special part of Florida. I have to put aside the hotel (because it WANTS to be renovated!) but the staff here is kind and helpful and almost feel bad for you AND the hotel and will do everything in their power to make you happy. Imagine how great they will be when this place gets all polished up!

Since I can't disparage a hotel you will never experience I will let you know that if you want quiet, unaffected, peaceful and beautiful warm turquoise water then this is the place. But I must stress that for some it may be TOO quiet...in season the bar and restaurant close at 10 and you are not near anything. However, very handy that the Hilton has a free shuttle to St. Armand's Circle ( and apparently any requested restaurant /bar within a ten minute drive). I cannot stress how important and helpful this is (but please tip your driver! My man Dan does everything!) For those not in the know, St. Armand's Circle is THE spot with shopping and restaurants galore and you will really appreciate this shuttle! Once you start to experience this area you will definitely return....

As for the beach....don't even get me started! The pool is small (don't know what it will be like in a year and a half) but a temperature challenged New York wimp like myself could not be bothered with a pool....God has provided a bathtub in the form of the Gulf Of Mexico so the pool is really just a waste of time. This beach is beyond....

So ...one star for the beach, one star for the staff, no stars for the hotel....come back when it is pretty...I know I will!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
LBKGM, General Manager at Hilton Longboat Key Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at the Longboat Key Hilton and for providing feedback regarding the level of service you received. We hope you will visit us again.
Land O Lakes, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

It will be sad to see this hotel close for 18 months, it is the best place to stay on Longboat Key. We have been coming here for over 30 years. Truly magnificent. My 4 children have come to make this hotel the first place to take friends and family for stays at this hotel. My one son got married here , and I have taken so many people here that have come to visit us from England and the U S. I can not wait for it to be rebuilt and stay there.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you once our renovations have been completed.
Longboat Key, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel right on the beach in Longboat Key, Florida. Because we were celebrating my birthday, our room was upgraded to a corner room overlooking the beach. We select only hotels that offer balconies, and this room offered us a spectacular view and amazing sunset. Returning from my birthday dinner, we found a full bottle of champagne with strawberries and blueberries wishing me a happy birthday from the staff. This was a memorable birthday--one I will never forget.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the 5 Star Review, the staff will be thrilled that we exceeded your expectations.
Raleigh, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I wish someone would have told me that this hotel is closing for 1 1/2years in 2 weeks to get completely remodeled. Currently this does not look or feel like a Hilton property. There were holes in the ceiling, bugs in my room, peeling paint, old and out dated everything, and just not up to Hilton standards in my opinion! When I choose a Hilton hotel I base a lot of it on price paid/ points paid and for 50,000 points a night I was expecting a beautiful beach front RESORT! Not something that felt like a run down timeshare. Once this property gets "Hiltonized" I'm sure it will be beautiful. It's a quiet location where you can enjoy the beach all day.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

LBKGM, General Manager at Hilton Longboat Key Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us on improving our service and quality. Once our renovations are complete we would welcome another opportunity to serve you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

The resort has a nice beach location and is a great place to unwind. Large rooms with nice balconies are very accommodating. Carpets are aged and water pressure is rough; however, the staff is very nice and the resort has a smooth yet rustic beach feel. I would recommend the resort as excellent if they did a little upgrading. Very good otherwise.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for posting your experience at the Longboat Key Hilton on Trip Advisor, I will make certain all the staff members see your comments.
boynton beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful experience at this resort. Our room was spacious, clean and had a wonderful view of the Gulf .The receptionists Luke and Magda were especially helpful. Both pool and beach had lots of chaise lounges.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your 5 Star Review of the Hilton Longboat Key, we look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Hilton Longboat Key Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!