“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Longboat Key
Cwmbran
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

As expected great location. The room was clean and comfortable and we thoroughly enjoyed our four nights here and would stay here again. The staff were really friendly and helpful - we didn't try the breakfast but did eat in the hotel one night and thought the meal was good, admittedly the choice was reasonable but limited and there are numerous restaurants easily reached by a short drive. We loved Longboat Key and also adored Anna Maria Island would certainly recommend.

Room Tip: We had a side sea view however for something special request a sea facing room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The location of this hotel couldnt be better on longboat key beach overlooking the gulf. I Stayed at this hotel 4 nights. Check in was fine was even upgragded to a suite with partial gulf view. Courtesy of my Hilton honors gold. Upon arrival in the room noticed a cockroache on the floor, the room didnt seem that Clean either, also the room was tired, the whole hotel in fact was tired. The cockroach stayed with us for 3 days even when I was in the room when the cleaning service came in and didn't hooverthe cockroache remained. I bumped not the supervisor for cleaning and informed her of the cockroache and she had it removed. The hotel room on day 2 began to get cold turned on the heating and there was a horrid smell of burning and the smoke alarm we t off, no one came to see if I was alright eventually the alarm went off as I turned the heat off and spent the remainder of my time in the cold. It was 58 degrees in the room. Breakfast was buffet style and pretty boring tasteless food. Had one evening meal in Resturant which was also tasteless. The female staff in reception were unfriendly and seemed bored with there job. (yawning and commenting on roll on 11 pm when there shift ends) whilst checking out I mentioned the cockroache and heating to which the comment was "sorry" I asked for a comment form and was told there aren't any. After spending $880 for this accomadation felt ripped off it was nomwhe near Hilton standards.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HiltonLBK, Director of Sales at Hilton Longboat Key Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton. We appreciate your loyalty as a rewards member and understand you deserve better from us. We apologize for the thermostat issues in your room which resulted in the smoke detector going off. We will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. I’m disheartened to hear about the bug in your room and assure you we work to eliminate any pest issue that may arise with our local pest control company. I’ve spoken to our staff about your concerns so we can reinforce our policies and procedures regarding such serious matters. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you return again for an improved experience.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great location. We loved that the hotel was conveniently located between Sarasota & Anna Maria Island. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The only reason I rated it "average" was the fact that the hotel was very dated and not what we had in mind for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My new husband and I stayed at this resort in early November 2012. We reserved a gulf view room for our special occasion...a private wedding on the beach! The staff upon learning of this (it was only the two of us at the ceremony) immediately sent us up a congratulatory bottle of champagne...and also gave us free drink coupons...nice! Is it an 'older' property...yes. Is it CLEAN and have charm, a beautiful setting, fantastic beach, pool area, hot tub, outdoor bar and excellent breakfast buffet? YES! This was an absolutely perfect stay for us and the awesome staff just made it that much better. Disappointed it will be closed next year for renovation as we plan to spend our anniversary at this resort for years to come. Lots of fun things to in the area as well (Bradenton Riverwalk, St Armands Circle) Highly Reccomend!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 234...awesome view with an awesome deck!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

This was a much needed get away, combined with business. I noticed an improvement in the staff attitude from my last report, and found out the facility will close next year for renovations,
However, I would also put a close sign on week ends and should have been one this week end, as 2 weddings if not 4' were happening in the hotel, conflicting info was given. The important thing is as follows,
My last stay in the beginning of October, I was awaken by "restless" guests, and after several attempts to get the hotel staff to take care of the noisy people, I picked up my things and left at 1 am.

Well here we are again, 2 nights of sleepless unrest, transformed this much needed mini vacation into a nightmare.
The staff is willing but without management support the party continues.

As a resort, managemnet does not realized that individuals and couples will come back if they stay is good, and the wedding parties will not.
Management needs to protect all the guests privacy and rights to enjoy their stay. As it is, is not the case here, proof again that management at this location does not care.
So, close the facility when you have planned events and you will avoid 2 things, first, bad reviews like this one; second, losing customers, I am a Diamond member and will not come back, as well as my friends and associates.

So we agree the location is excellent, but as an hotel is terrible.

IWANT MY MONEY BACK

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonLBK, Director of Sales at Hilton Longboat Key Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
We appreciate your loyalty to both our hotel and our brand’s rewards program. Your satisfaction is very important to us and I’m extremely disappointed to hear about the last two experiences you have had. Your feedback is one we plan on using with our staff as a learning exercise for handling similar situations in the future. I apologize for the interruptions made by other guests and I agree that everyone who stays with us should have a comfortable experience. Your comments have helped us to improve and we will now. Again, I am sorry for the terrible inconvenience and we value your input.
Narangba, Qld
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here as our friends were getting married at the resort. Whilst the wedding was amazing, food delicious, service impeccible and the location was stunning, the resort itself is tired, old and in need of a major overhaul, which we discovered was happening at the end of the year. To still be charging those prices when the resort is being closed down and completely refurbished is wrong!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonLBK, Director of Sales at Hilton Longboat Key Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments regarding the wedding and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay while attending such a special event. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We are looking forward to our renovation beginning in May 2013 and hope to see you again in the future when we re-open.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights in early October.Thought female staff were rude and unwelcoming but male staff were lovely.Housekeeping very polite and obliging.The rooms were spotlessly clean,my husband and I had a suite with a kitchen and 3 balconies!but if we had of wanted to cook there were only utensils for 1 and not much else.The buffet breakfast was mediocre,once was enough,so we went into Cortez every morning and ate with the locals who were very friendly.I would definately go back to Longboat Key as it is a stunning area as is Bradenton but I'm not sure if I would stay here again.At St Arnauds Circle and all the surrounding areas,including Sarasota everyone made us feel welcome,was quite pleased that we could access all our rooms without going through reception then we didn't feel awkward!.Can't believe they do not have a guest laundry,if you're there for longer than 5 days you might want to do some laundry!Air conditioning excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Longboat Key Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!