“Perfect Wedding, Perfect Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hilton Longboat Key Beachfront Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4711 Gulf Of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key, FL 34228   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Longboat Key
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Perfect Wedding, Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

After getting engaged in Florida in May 2010, my now husband and I decided to return to Florida and to the Hilton, Longboat Key for our wedding from the UK in September of this year. We bought with us 56 guests with 50 of them being from the UK.

Taking into account the fact that I live in the UK, the planning could not have gone any smoother and both Jen and Jessica were constantly on hand to answer both my many emails and phone calls with questions from recommendations for vendors to what colour I wanted for my linens.

In the few days before my wedding when I was actually in Florida, they both took time out to meet with my vendors to ensure that my day was as effortless as possible.

I stayed at the Hotel for two nights. The night before the wedding my friend (who was staying with me) and I checked in and were greeted at Reception by a staff member who was extremely friendly, immediately asked me questions about my wedding and just made us both feel special. Our room was lovely with seperate living area which came in really useful the next day when my Bridesmaids and I were getting ready.

Our wedding was absolutely perfect and Jessica was around during the Ceremony to ensure that everything ran smoothly. We got the impression from her and Jen that they literally could not do enough for you. The location of the hotel was perfect, the beach was beautifully set up and the weather was also amazing. Following on from the Ceremony we had a cocktail hour around the Antigua Room of the hotel which all my guests loved. The cocktails were absolutely delicious as were our choice of canapes.

Our main meal was lovely - a few of our guests even went as far as to say that the steak was the best they ever had and couldnt believe the quality of the food considering the catering was on a large scale. The Cheese and Fruit display was also amazing. All the banquet evening staff and bar staff were on hand to meet every request we had and nothing was too much trouble.

When my husband and I returned to our room after the wedding, we had strawberries dipped in chocolate and Champagne on ice in our room which was such a lovely touch.

Our guests thought the whole wedding was fabulous and could not believe how friendly everyone was. It is still a massive talking point now and everyone is desperate to go back.

A few of our guests stayed the night and all commented on how beautiful the rooms were. We all met for breakfast the next morning and had the buffet which was lovely and also great value. A few of our guests then used the pool area/went for a walk on the beach for the rest of the morning which was brilliant as we could all relax together.

The check our proceedure was as smooth as the check in and we were all absolutely gutted to leave and wanted to do the wedding all again. My family and I stayed in Florida after the wedding - some for 3 weeks - others for an additional 5 weeks. During that time both my family and I returned to The Hilton for both evening meals and lunches. The food and service was always first class and we all felt it excellent value for money.

I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel, the service we received, all the staff and the wonderfully attentive wedding help we got from Jessica and Jen. We have such fond memories of the Hilton and I would recommend both staying here and getting married here to anyone.

We miss it terribly but we will definitely be back. Thanks again to all.

Kathryn and Stephen Abbey

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

My family and I spent two nights at this Hilton attending my niece's wedding. We liked it very much. Although small for a Hilton and not new or newly decorated it was well maintained and in excellent condition. It was not an elegant place like most big city Hiltons (which would have been out of place here) but much more laid back in keeping with its beachside location. The pool was small but fine and there was excellent access to the beautiful beach, which runs the entire length of Longboat Key. There is also a very nice Tiki bar next to the pool. One thing that struck me was how friendly and wanting to be helpful the staff was, from the cleaning ladies all the way up to the people working the front desk. It struck me as a great place to hold a wedding although other guests not in on our fun may have had a different and more solitary experience. When we were there two wedding groups (the other wedding was the day after ours) occupied a substantial percentage of the rooms. It is also very convenient to Sarasota, where we had a very nice rehersal supper cruise the night before the wedding. The only negative note, and it was a really minor one, was that the tap on our sink had reverse polarity. The side that is usually cold was hot and vice versa and took a bit of getting used to. This was just our room, however, so far as I could tell. The bottom line is that if you are looking for a very comfortable, small hotel, on a beautiful beach, with a Hilton pedigree reflected in its high quality staff, this may be the place for you.

Room Tip: The suites at the back look directly out over the Gulf of Mexico.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We arrived at this hotel at 11am not a problem, we were checked in as our room was ready and a lovely room it was, clean, good quality linens,and a view to die for. After unpacking we headed straight for the pool and sea it was July and hot so I was desperate to take a dip in the pool to cool off and here is where the only problem was, the pool was so hot, like a hot bath, I later found out that the pool heating had been turned on by mistake so we cooled off in the sea.at about 6pm while back in our room there was a knock on the door a delivery of champagne from the hotel for our anniversary, we ate at the hotel restaurant for diner on several evenings and the food was excellent as was the champagne and view, the staff were always happy well mannered and always tried to accommodate our needs,we loved this hotel it was small, friendly and so relaxing with the little luxuries such as complementary champagne cocktails served in the afternoon also complementary hotel bus to local restaurants, shops etc. I will return to this piece of heaven as soon as I can.

Room Tip: Room on high floors have a wonderful view ( only 4 floors high)
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

My husband and I did not book the Hilton in advance because of mixed reviews. However, once in Longboat Key- late in the day and raining we called from the parking lot and got one of the last rooms. The room was very nice- good size but not in a good location. Beds fine. We enjoyed prompt shuttle service to Armand's Circle which we enjoyed. Pool area was nice not terribly large. Weddings going on both days. Prices are high- outsde property could be updated but would go back- liked the feel of the place. Beautiful beach

Room Tip: try to get ocean or pool view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Tarpon Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

we booked this hotel because we attended a wedding there. decided it would be the perfect opportunity to stay a few extra nights. we stayed in a gulf front room, which i highly recommend. the hotel was nice, the room we stayed in was updated, beds were comfortable and the views of the gulf were beautiul. grounds were nice. it is an older hotel, but well kept. we didn't eat at the restaurant but did order room servce and was happy with our meals. it arrived warm and in a timely manner. there is a nice pool and hottub on site. the beach outside was great. chairs and towels were available for our use. had a wonderful time here and we will definetly be back.

Room Tip: Gulf front rooms are the best.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Defiance, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011 via mobile

Stayed five days for a wedding, truly a great location, a very small 80 room property with good selection of suites. Aging as any property on a beachfront, suites on the highest number of each floor are amazing and face the beach, ocean and sunset! Very intimate feel, sight lines from pool and beach truly make you feel alone in the tropical isle.

• Stayed November 2011
Southlake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

If you're going to LBK, you don't have a lot of choices for full service hotels ( dining room and bar on premises ).
Rooms are OK.
Pool area is OK
Bar is weak. Bartenders need to be a little more charming/friendly with the tourists.
when we there the pool was closed. Very disappointing .
the dining room is weak,,,so we went off property for dinner. Breakfast was standard fare.
I did go back a 2nd time recently and found the front desk personnel non-negotiable.
They had occupancy , for a midweek night - and were unwilling to negotiate the price.
Would I go back? maybe. There aren't a lot of hotel choices on LBK

Room Tip: pool view beats a view of the parking lot. If you're going to the beach, you want a view!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Longboat Key Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!