“It was perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Sands Gulf Beach Resort

You added Silver Sands Gulf Beach Resort to your Saves list
Silver Sands Gulf Beach Resort
2.0 of 5 Condominium   |   5841 Gulf Of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key, FL 34228   |
Orlando, Florida
“It was perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were very happy when we checked in. Our unit was clean and had everything we needed and more. The location on the beach was perfect. Pool area and common grounds were well maintained. The response time for service was outstanding. I noticed a tear in the screen and I was startled by a small snake. I mentioned it to Susan he manager and also to Miguel the grounds keeper. I was gone from my room for about 20 minutes and returned to see my new best friend Miguel rolling a new screen!!! Great service!! Room amenities were plentiful and clean and fresh every day. Lana the other manager was very helpful and friendly with information and explaining the property when we checked in. I must say I am sold on Silver Sands. We were in a garden view unit I think 332. You have a great team, Huge thanks to Miguel, Susan , who never stops smling and Lana. Thanks!!!! Susan M

Room Tip: garden view is close to pool but quiet if you want to read or relax
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lakeland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here last year and had a great time, but this year had several issues. We arrived at 3:15 and were told we could not check in. And the woman was very rude. Hard to believe with an 11 am check out that the room would not be ready by then. Our DVD player did not work and the tv in the living room is ancient. The dishwasher flooded and never worked. My child got sick and I set the comforter out so it could be washed and it never came back. But the worst part of the stay was the fact that one family monopolized the entire resort bringing in over 40 non paying relatives. We were unable to use the pool, they put their volleyball net up right where you step off onto the beach completely blocking your walk carrying your things. They were loud and obnoxious and smoked right at the pool where I was trying to teach my child to swim. Sad that I paid over $1000 for three nights and people who paid nothing kept me from enjoying my stay. I will never return and never recommend.

• Stayed July 2014
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The bed, as others have noted, was hard and squeaky. The a/c units are in each room and are a little noisy, as well. I found it hard to get a comfortable setting for the a/c at night. The grounds are nice and the room was nicely decorated. Please, people, get new beds for your guests.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
RVAFlorida, Manager at Silver Sands Gulf Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
We were disappointed to hear of this guests dissatisfaction. We've passed on their suggestions to the appropriate parties.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a lovely property directly on the beautiful white beaches of Longboat Key. The grounds were perfectly manicured, pool was crystal, the staff was outstanding! Our room was very nicely decorated, there was a mini fridge, coffee pot, blender, toaster, microwave...very convenient. The only thing was that the bed was incredibly hard and squeaked so loudly with every small movement..I was afraid I would wake my husband if I fluffed my pillow! That being said, I would stay there again and again! We had friends in a suite there which had a balcony on the beach, living room & full size kitchen..it too was a beautiful room...they had no complaints at all!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RVAFlorida, Manager at Silver Sands Gulf Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
We were disappointing to hear this guests complaint with the accommodations. Their constructive comments have been provided to the appropriate departments for consideration and a member of our Management Team has reached out to them personally.
Beverly Hills, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were treated very well at the office at check-in. We had arrived in town a few hours early, and fortunately our room was indeed ready, so we were able to get our things out of the car. We hit a local spot for a nice lunch and then went for a walk on the beach. Nice and private beach area away from the crowds - excellent! Chairs are provided for the beach. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, had a fairly good sized kitchen area w/table, fridge and microwave, plus a stove/oven! We were only there for the weekend, so we didn't use the kitchen for much, but would have if we were there longer. Even though some coffee was supplied with the coffee maker, we stopped to pick up our favorite brand at the local grocery. And, one of my favorite amenities - wifi was available at no charge! Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Byram, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Spent a week. Nice pool, nice room. No ice machine. The room we rented had a very old basic TV. I know, "your at the beach" but one cannot stay out all day in the sun and at night it is nice to settle in and have some down time. For the price of the room, a flat screen would have been nice. The staff was great and hard working. this place was clean ! Beach close by. Might be priced a little high ,but I think that's Longboat key.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We've forwarded them to the appropriate party; and were happy to hear your stay was enjoyable.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We recently held our large family vacation at Silver Sands. Approximately 30 of us attended. As always, we enjoyed our stay. This is the fifth year we have stayed at this location. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly, hard-working, and polite. We enjoyed the pool, the tropical gardens, and the beautiful beachfront location.

We will certainly stay there again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Silver Sands Gulf Beach Resort? Share your experiences!