“Beautiful Weekend Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Sands Gulf Beach Resort

You added Silver Sands Gulf Beach Resort to your Saves list
Silver Sands Gulf Beach Resort
2.0 of 5 Condominium   |   5841 Gulf Of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key, FL 34228   |
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Beautiful Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a lovely property directly on the beautiful white beaches of Longboat Key. The grounds were perfectly manicured, pool was crystal, the staff was outstanding! Our room was very nicely decorated, there was a mini fridge, coffee pot, blender, toaster, microwave...very convenient. The only thing was that the bed was incredibly hard and squeaked so loudly with every small movement..I was afraid I would wake my husband if I fluffed my pillow! That being said, I would stay there again and again! We had friends in a suite there which had a balcony on the beach, living room & full size kitchen..it too was a beautiful room...they had no complaints at all!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RVAFlorida, Manager at Silver Sands Gulf Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
We were disappointing to hear this guests complaint with the accommodations. Their constructive comments have been provided to the appropriate departments for consideration and a member of our Management Team has reached out to them personally.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lecanto, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were treated very well at the office at check-in. We had arrived in town a few hours early, and fortunately our room was indeed ready, so we were able to get our things out of the car. We hit a local spot for a nice lunch and then went for a walk on the beach. Nice and private beach area away from the crowds - excellent! Chairs are provided for the beach. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, had a fairly good sized kitchen area w/table, fridge and microwave, plus a stove/oven! We were only there for the weekend, so we didn't use the kitchen for much, but would have if we were there longer. Even though some coffee was supplied with the coffee maker, we stopped to pick up our favorite brand at the local grocery. And, one of my favorite amenities - wifi was available at no charge! Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Byram, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Spent a week. Nice pool, nice room. No ice machine. The room we rented had a very old basic TV. I know, "your at the beach" but one cannot stay out all day in the sun and at night it is nice to settle in and have some down time. For the price of the room, a flat screen would have been nice. The staff was great and hard working. this place was clean ! Beach close by. Might be priced a little high ,but I think that's Longboat key.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We've forwarded them to the appropriate party; and were happy to hear your stay was enjoyable.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We recently held our large family vacation at Silver Sands. Approximately 30 of us attended. As always, we enjoyed our stay. This is the fifth year we have stayed at this location. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly, hard-working, and polite. We enjoyed the pool, the tropical gardens, and the beautiful beachfront location.

We will certainly stay there again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My little brother booked this hotel for one night a few weeks ago. I was a little nervous about this place because it was my husband and I, and him and his girlfriend. We booked a room and got an email that the room was one king bed and two single beds. Kind of a bummer.

After arriving at the hotel around 12 we were told that check in was not until 4. Not a big deal plenty to do in Sarasota/ Lido Key. They also offered that we could use all the amenities of the hotel while we waited. We were told we would get a call when we could come back and get into our room. Got a call around 330, was told the office closed at 5 and needed to check in. A little nuisance seeing we were enjoying Happy Hour at Tommy Bahama- but not a big deal.

We were moved from the room we originally were emailed. Apparently you needed to check a box requesting not to switch rooms. We were moved to a lower floor condo, that was essentially a suite attached to a single room. It was great because there was a queen bed and a king bed, not great because the only way to get in the living room/ kitchen area from the queen room was the king room. The rooms appeared very clean. We had a garden view originally and was moved to an ocean/ pool view. Awesome.

The beach and pool area was amazing. Very private as opposed to Lido Key. Hotel provides chairs and lounges. Pool has a BBQ area.

Everything was essentially great- however right before bed we found the world's biggest dead cockroach. Yuck. I would typically complain about this but the office was closed, didnt want to call the night crew for "after hours issues."

We had to leave early before office opened. There was a note to remove all bedding before we leave and take out all trash. I really never stayed in a hotel where you cleaned up after yourself- which was a surprise for me.

Finally I'm into nature- but a huge black snake was sunning itself on the walkway as we were leaving. Also a little gross/ scary. This is certainly not the hotel's fault but that was really the last thing we saw leaving.

Overall the location was great- everything seemed clean and nice other then a few hangups. If you are looking for a decent place to stay on the beach, this would be a good bet, however I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We traveled - the four of us as a family + a friend - to Silver Sands and had a very good time there. Beaches are obviously gorgeous, and the place was nice. We thought that the service could hve been a bit better - they were pretty stressed out with everyone, but it eventfully did not harm the overall experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Derwood, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Silver Sands is a nice resort located on the beach. The pool is nice and the beach, well, it's Longboat Key! The people aspect of the trip could have been better. After a sleepless first night due to getting in late and having a room close to the main road, I asked to be moved for my remaining two nights. It was clear to me that I was greatly troubling the office person with my request. She proceeded to let me know she had been out for two days and had dozens of emails to deal with.

I was always taught customers in front of you should get highest priority. As stated, she did not seem interested that I did not care for the room and wanted to be moved. She even went as far as telling the management company on the phone that, "He wants to be moved because of noise, yada, yada, yada." I was three feet way from her during this conversation. Other than that and the fact I had to pay an additional $25 insurance fee, I had a relaxing visit in the nicely decorated, comfortable room.

I am glad I did not expect much from the facility management, because I would have been truly disappointed.

Room Tip: Room 217 is VERY close to the main road down the Key = noisy!