“One of the nicest Old Florida places we visited in Southwest FL!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rolling Waves Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Longboat Key
Rolling Waves Cottages
Save Saved
You added Rolling Waves Cottages to your Saves list
6351 Gulf of Mexico Dr., Longboat Key, FL 34228   |
Jersey City, New Jersey
“One of the nicest Old Florida places we visited in Southwest FL!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed at Rolling Waves Cottages in from 04/26 through 05/6, at cottage 6. We go to Southwest Florida annually, and have previously spent time on Captiva, Sanibel, Gasparilla Island, Anna Maria, as well as another place on Longboat (Sandpiper Inn), so we have a lot of places to compare to in the same area, and Rolling Waves is really one of the nicest Old Florida places we visited. The cottages were clean, with a well equipped kitchen and a large fridge. There are grills outside each unit. It is a great getaway for couples or a trip with friends, located in a quiet, residential area of Longboat Key island, right on the beach, but a short drive from a number of quirky restaurants (Mar Vista Dockside restaurant is a really nice choice for a romantic night out) and Publix. The cottages and the overall property are well managed, clean, with nicely appointed common seating areas and a hammock. It is also easy to get to from Tampa International Airport. There are at least two bait and tackle shops within short walking or driving distance, which is great for those looking for live bait to fish. From time to time the property manager, Shelley, who was very nice and accommodating, would light up the bonfire (there is a designated area for that, with chairs around it) which really added a nice touch to the experience. The place offers a books and DVD library, TV and WIFI, with very recent movie titles available, which is thoughtful, especially since it is all included in the price of the stay. Overall a nice place to come back to, made for a very relaxing trip. The beach walks and sunsets were beautiful. We are coming back next year!

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in cottages 8, 6, 4 or 2, which are all on one side and are quieter. Cotta...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stumbled across Rolling Waves one evening and after booking in for two nights we realized this is a "Keeper!!" We spent one week there and left wishing for a second.

Shelley, the manager, is amazing. Her dog only adds more to this personnel accommodation allowing my husband the pleasure of walking him every morning.

The location was perfect, very quiet and relaxing. The cottages are quaint , comfortable and very clean. The beach is spectacular allowing you to walk for miles. The sunsets are beautiful!!

Thanks Shelley. We had an amazing restful vacation and look forward to returning someday.

Room Tip: #8 is an ocean front cottage, loved it!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We spent two wonderful weeks at Rolling Waves. These quaint cottages have been updated. The atmosphere was quiet and very private. The beachfront cottage offered a pretty view of the ocean which could be seen from the front deck. The sandy beach stretched for miles lending itself to long, peaceful walks. The cottage was clean, well-equipped and very comfortable with BBQ, WIFI and TV. Shelley, the on-site manager was helpful, pleasant and personable. She respected our privacy. A wide selection of restaurants offered delicious lunch and dinner menus. I highly recommend Rolling Waves. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: A cottage facing the ocean is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband took me to rolling waves for my birthday. We stayed overnight in cottage number 6. It was built in the 1940's- and there are only 5 or 6 cottages on this property. It is quaint, quiet, a great location. The beach was spectacular. The cottage was clean and had everything we could need-- including beach chairs and umbrella. The staff (jen) was super friendly and made our stay even better. Try the lazy lobster down the street, the food was so good. Also, check out St Armand for shopping. We had such a romantic and resful trip. Thank you rolling waves, hope to be back soon.

• Stayed September 2013
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We loved staying here! It has a quaint feel of a bungalow seaside retreat. I love that you can park right beside your cottage, no lugging bags up stairs! Laundry facility and chairs available very convenient! Love that the ocean is close to the cottages too!

• Stayed August 2013
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked a week vacation at Rolling Waves Cottage and we could not have been happier. We stayed in cottage #8 beach front. Our cottage was clean,bright and airy with a great view. We enjoyed the fully equipped kitchenette and the outdoor grill. The beach was very clean and at times we felt like it was our own private beach!

Shelley the Inn keeper was very nice and friendly and we felt very welcomed. When we arrived she let us select the ocean front cottage we wanted by showing us both even though I had booked #7 for weeks prior. She was very accommodating.

We highly recommend this wonderful place and we'll be back!

Room Tip: Cottage 7 and 8 are beach front..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I have been coming to longboat key for at least 5 yrs for our anniversary and have always seen the Rolling Waves cottages and finally decided to try staying for our 16th anniversary. Since I'm self employed we always stay in very economical places miles from the beach and spend most of our time away from the hotel and on the beach. This anniversary I wanted to stay on the beach. I was not disappointed!! The first thing that started our wonderful experience was Shelley the office manager. She welcomed us with a friendly smile and showed us to our cottage. The first thing I noticed was how clean the cottage was. My experience with clean rooms is usually the opposite. I always have to take a few minutes wherever we stay and clean the room myself. Not here-I felt very comfortable right away.
Normally I want to leave the room as soon as possible but not this time. I wanted to spend time in the cottage as much as I wanted to be on the beach. When Shelley found out it was our anniversary she gave my husband & I a bottle of champagne-above and beyond what I expected! This is now our anniversary place to stay!!
Our many thanks to Shelley again for everything!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rolling Waves Cottages? Share your experiences!