532 What a Disaster
First let me say that this is not the first time we have stayed at this resort. We have stayed there for multiple months but not at this particular condo.
This particular condo, in my opinion should not be allowed in the rental pool. When we first checked in to this 2 bed 2 1/2 bath town home condo located in Cedars East Tennis Resort, the new resort manager Debra didn’t even know if we had a mailbox(which I knew we did) she eventually found a mailbox key. When we got to the condo we realized there were a litany of problems.
1. The door wall was off the track, which was broken and unable to be opened or locked.
2. The ceiling fan/light over the dining area table was nonfunctional. No light no fan.
3. The kitchen faucet was so loose that you had to hold the base to swing the faucet from one sink to the other.
4. Multiple windows were missing the handles so they could not be opened(Probably due to their state of disrepair. All the windows of this unit need replacement.)
5. Most of the windows that could be opened had either ill fitting screens or screens that belonged in some other windows not the one they were in.
6. One of the only two lights in the second bedroom was nonfunctional totally.
7. One lampshade in the living area was broken away from the harp and was just balancing on the top.
8. The carpeting up the stairs from the garage as well as the stairs to the bedroom areas looked like they had never been cleaned and needed it badly.
9. The oven/stove was an old Jen-Aire model with only two burners on the right side and a barbecue grill on the left side. No additional burner insert was available. The two burners that did exist had the wrong size and model drip pans under them so that they would not lie flat in their sockets.(Try cooking in a frying pan when the right side is half and inch higher than the left.)
10. There was flaking/chipping paint around windows with the worst in the guest bathroom.
When these issues were brought to the managements attention I was greeted with the statement that they didn’t know how that could be since the previous renter had been in the unit for 6 weeks and had never complained. I said it was unacceptable and wished to be moved to a different unit. After multiple days(it took 10 days for some of the things to be corrected) and meetings she(Debra) said we could not be moved and that they would see about fixing some of the problems. The following things were fixed or replaced.
1. New faucet in Kitchen
2. New Fan/Light in dining area
3. New light fixtures on the wall in the guest bedroom.
4. Door wall was made functional but not fixed. Still could not be locked.
No new screens or replacement screens so I had to fashion foam shims under some of the ill fitting screens to allow the windows to be opened without letting in bugs.
Since the units are individually owned I understand that RVA is handicapped by what they can do with these properties. They can though, choose to remove from the rental pool those units not up to minimum standards. In my opinion this is one such unit.
Before this experience I had been happy with RVA and their management of this resort.
A word to the wise. Before you rent a place in this resort inspect, inspect, inspect it.
I will say that the Pool side Tiki Bar and Restaurant are well run. Cathy does a wonderful job managing this area and the food is of very high quality.
William E Camp
Farmington Hills, Michigan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cedars Tennis Resort, a luxury vacation rental on Longboat Key, offers world-class facilities, magnificent beaches and tropical sunsets that are picture-perfect. Guests enjoy an unforgettable Florida vacation in our spacious townhomes that are perfect for families or couples. There is something to suit every mood at Cedars Tennis Resort – a junior Olympic swimming pool with Tiki bar, a fitness center, fishing pier and bicycle availability are just some of the amenities you’ll enjoy while staying at this resort. For a casual dining experience, the newly renovated clubhouse features a restaurant with full bar, Cedars Café & Tiki Bar – the perfect spot to grab a bite to eat after a long day exploring Longboat Key. The HarTru tennis courts at Cedars Tennis Resort attract players from all over the world. Professionals and novices alike will enjoy USTA tournaments and tennis camps for children, as well as our well-equipped pro-shop. For those who like to venture out without a motor, bicycle and kayak rentals are available on-site. We invite you to explore our gorgeous landscaped grounds and beach pathways or paddle through Sarasota Bay and engage in the wildlife that passes by. Our fishing pier offers anglers the opportunity to drop a line in Sarasota Bay or simply relax on one of the benches and take in the sights and sounds that engulf your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Cedars Tennis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedars Tennis Hotel Longboat Key