“Clean and charming” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arbors by the Sea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Longboat Key
Arbors by the Sea
Save Saved
You added Arbors by the Sea to your Saves list
5441 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key, FL 34228   |
Buffalo
“Clean and charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Arbors by the Sea over the Thanksgiving week-end, and we loved it! We stayed in the Ivy cottage, and it was clean, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. We served dinner to our friends, and the kitchen had everything we could possibly need. The private beach is beautiful, and it was uncrowded and great for walking! We had a wonderful stay and hope to return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

What a wonderful stay! My husband and I stayed at Arbors by the Sea for 3 nights over the Thanksgiving holiday. As we pulled up to the Iris cottage, the 1-bedroom we’d chosen, George greeted us in the parking lot. He gave us a nice walk-through of the cottage and welcomed us to Longboat Key.

The cottage was sparkling clean and updated, and felt like home. Every room carried a beachy theme with beach signs and pictures. There was no mistaking that we were at the beach! The bed was comfy, the shower never ran out of hot water, the kitchen was fully stocked with all necessities and appliances including a dishwasher, and there were even games provided in the dining room cabinet. To top it off, the cottage also came equipped with free Wi-Fi and a flat screen TV in both the living room and bedroom.

The layout of the cottages is such that even though Iris and Ivy are first, and nearest to the road, we honestly couldn’t hear the traffic. There is shrubbery and a fair amount of distance to the road, so have no trepidation in booking either of these cabins. We will easily book Iris again with no concerns.

Though we didn’t take advantage of it, we had a nice patio area complete with table, chairs, umbrella and a nice-sized barbecue. Next time around, I’d like to enjoy breakfast on the patio at least one morning. There was also a beach umbrella for us if we wanted to take it to the sand.

I’m accustomed to having beach towels when I book lodging anywhere near a beach, but the beach towels here are thick, nice quality beach towels, not the typical cheap blue/white striped towels every other place provides. They also provide 16 chaise lounges and 2 Adirondack chairs out at the beach, along with 2 hammocks, and some nice cushy chairs on a deck near the sand along with a community fire pit for sunset barbecuing near the water.

I really can’t say enough about how comfortable this stay was, and how much I looked forward to heading in to the cottage after watching the sunset in the evenings. This was truly our holiday home, and we are looking forward to a return trip next year.

Room Tip: Any cottage is excellent. Choose your cottage based on the number of people in your group and how m...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

What a treat! These cottages are just divine - I wish it could be my home away from home! The beautiful kitchen was well equipped and allowed us to really feel like at home for the weekend. My husband and I were just thrilled at how at home we felt in these beautifully renovated cottages. Not to mention the pristine beach and wonderful decked that allowed us to view the breathtaking sunset each evening. We will definitely be back to enjoy this place soon!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

These cottages are awesome! Very convenient, clean, and great location. Looks like they've been renovated recently. It's like your own little house on the beach with full kitchens, flat screen TV's, granite countertops, and multiple layout options. Each cottage has it's own gas grill and patio area. The beach is awesome on LBK...not crowded, great water, white sand. The restaurants within walking distance are great...Euphemia Haye, Lazy Lobster, and some pizza place and a breakfast place. What more could you ask for?

Room Tip: Jasimine is closest to the beach with a cool porch and a 2BR/2BA setup. All others are about the sa...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

What a wonderful find this was. We went to the Sarasota area looking for unique, quiet accommodations some place on the beach, good for a group and yet close to everything for Memorial Day weekend. Boy did the Arbors by the Sea fit the bill.

On Longboat Key, these beautifully restored1940s-era cottages range from a studio to a 3/3. Situated right off the street, you would never know it, as the cottages face each other along a private, narrow brick drive. The common areas have tropically lush landscaping with nice hammocks in which to doze. There’s a raised patio area with gas fire pit for people to gather and roast marshmallows or hotdogs as our group did in the moonlight, waves crashing on the shore in site.

Each cottage has its own private patio with grill and dining table, outdoor shower area and places to stash bikes or water toys. There’s a short, lovely path through the dunes that opens to a beach strewn with shells and water so blue and clear you can see the bottom several feet down.

We brought bikes and enjoyed cycling into Sarasota, a 22 mile round trip. This area is peaceful; the cottages were all booked but you’d never know it by the quiet we enjoyed. We stayed in the Bluebell (a 2/1) and the Jasmine (a 2/2) and both were well-appointed and beautifully furnished. The Jasmine has an enclosed porch the length of the cottage. We booked it because we assumed it faced the beach. None of the cottages do, but it was in no way a let-down. Kitchens have clean, quality appliances and well stocked cabinets with granite countertops. HD TVs are in each room, huge bed in the master suite and extremely comfortable twins in the second bedroom. Even the pullout sofa bed was comfortable and well stocked book shelves made for a nice home away from home. The cottages were impeccably clean and well maintained. Laundry room on site; beach towels provided, nice selection of beach toys, floats too.

Three night minimum is required and it takes that long to enjoy everything available including the beach, the ocean, your cottage, the patio, grill, hammocks, fire pit and local restaurants, sites, bike paths, etc. We highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Jasmine is the largest, every cottage is clean, well appointed and maintained
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband whisked me away to Arbors by the Sea as a surprise for my 25th birthday. I am little biased as LBK is one of my favorite gulf coast destinations (I grew up going there and my husband and I got married there), but Arbors by the Sea was truly a gem. I loved everything about our time at Arbors by the Sea! The walkway to the beach, the hammocks, the jasmine covered arches by our cottage, the key west/beachy decor, the cleanliness of the cottage. It was the perfect place to vacation! I also loved how accommodating the owners were--we were supposed to switch cottages on the second night, but they were able to make it so that we could stay where we were. We didn't even have to ask--they just did this on their own! WONDERFUL customer service. I was a little worried about being so close to the road in the Iris cottage, but I didn't hear the traffic at all. It was really nice! I would highly recommend these cottages to anyone looking to stay in the LBK area. We would definitely go back again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I stayed here with my family over the 4th of july week, which included my pregnant wife and 2 year old son. WOW. I cannot express how nice it was to be on Longboat Key and not be in/surrounded by high rise condos. We stayed in the 3 bedroom unit closest to the beach, so it was a much needed short stroll to the beach, which worked very well with the preggo wife and toddler. It is so quaint, charming and convenient, especially with the updates that were made. It is getting harder to vacation on Longboat this way, the old uninhabited way.

The cottages have old world charm with new world amenities, and clean as a whistle! They are very well cared for and it shows. Barb and George are wonderful hosts and really work hard to make sure you enjoy your stay.

The selfish side of me wanted to write a very bad review so that I could have this place all to myself!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Arbors by the Sea? Share your experiences!