“Glad to stay only one night” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Beach on Longboat Key

You added The Beach on Longboat Key to your Saves list
The Beach on Longboat Key
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   3465 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key, FL 34228   |
Rocky Mountains
“Glad to stay only one night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

I am staying in unit 224. The furnishings are of a rather cheap quality, but at least modern. For the price of 200 a night incl. tax, I am sleeping in a murphy bed. Had to move the chairs and table to open it. I don't know how two people of regular size (I am smaller than average) manage to sleep in this "bed", let alone with some comfort. Every time I move, it bangs on the floor and makes noise.
For the price of 200 dollars a night (off season), I also participate in the life inside the units on either side, including becoming a witness to whoever is clearing their throat. Hear every car going by, because the front door is as flimsy as the doors between the units. I would not stay here again if the price was half of what it is. This was not built with paying guests in mind - why so many people pay so much for questionable quality, is a mystery to me.
There is no shade anywhere on the property, it's a pity. Cannot relax here, not at all what I would like from a beach getaway.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
bergman123
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

My husband and I stayed at The Beach in unit 227 for a week in May and several other times throughout the past two years. We love this place! We checked out the other one bedrooms and there is no comparison! Unit 227 is so spacious compared to the others. The unit itself is beautiful! It is on the second floor and has a private balcony on the side. The unit overlooks the Gulf of Mexico and there are mirrors all around this unit which gives you a view of the gulf while you are even washing dishes! The complex itself is small and quiet. The beach is beautiful and the sunsets are even more amazing. I would highly recommend The Beach to anyone especially unit 227. It is a perfect place to relax!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

We stayed in a one bedroom unit. The unit was very clean and updated. The gulf front balcony was wonderful. The staff was great. The beach was uncrowded and very relaxing. We had a wonderful time!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

We had an easy time booking on VRBO.com & was very pleased with process. The owner of our unit was very nice and communicated alot with us. She made the process stress free. The staff that greeted upon arrival were sweet & helpful as well.
We stayed in rm 223 and it was beautiful - stainless steel appliances, flat screen tvs, comfortable bed and couch, clean & NO bugs! . Great location right on the gulf w/ private balcony. Breathtaking sunsets. I was also impressed with room service - cleaning & changing/making your bed every morning (must put out "do not disturb"sign if not wanted), new towel brought to your room everyday. Even though you get the size and privacy of a condo you feel like it is a worry free hotel. We had a magical time & all was made possible with great accommodations. We can't wait to come back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

Stayed in this condo March 20, 2009 for a night with hubby without baby. This condo was the perfect place to stay. We stayed in condo unit 107. This unit is the last unit on the first floor. We stayed during springbreak. Amazingly, we did not experience any loud noise. I believe that the condo was totally booked that night. The room was immaculate when we arrived. The view from our room was spectacular. I open the sliding glass door to a tropical garden with our very own palm tree for the night. In front of the garden was the Golf of Mexico. Torquois water. I live in Florida and we go to the beach quite often. But I have not seen water as beautiful as this unless I was in the Carribbean or Hawaii. At $222/night with no room service and no bells or whistles, it was still worth the price. Quiet, secluded, and away from people. Loved it!
Here are some of The Beach FAQ's:
1. Pool could be larger. It was heated which made up for the size.
2. No hot tub.
3.Beach chairs are free. First come first serve.
4. Parking area small. First come first serve. Got in after midnight, ran out of parking space. Found parking on the premises but not a parking spot per se'
5. Free High speed internet.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2009

We booked a studio on the 2nd floor and although room was beautifully remodeld and the view was amazing, it was just a big too tight for us. My husband is thin but tall (6'4") and my daughter and I are also thin but both 5'4". The murphy bed is a queen and the sofa bed is a full so my daughter and I slept on the queen and husband on the full. That way he got more room. Very difficult to move about the room w/ the murphy bed down and sofabed open. TV was on the wall of the murphy bed so impossible to watch TV (because door is in the way) in bed unless you turn around and lay w/ your head at foot of bed. Bathroom was very small, only one person allowed at a time. But I think if you are just a couple (or couple w/ small baby) the studio is fine. We loved the view! You are so close to the beach...it really was amazing. Would definately go back but rent a larger unit!!!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

I stayed here in June on my Honeymoon. Check in very easy, staff nice and helpful. We stayed on the top floor in a room that had a actual bed instead of one with a pull out. It is much smaller then the pictures make it out to be, but is just fine for a couple. Our room was in decent repair and housekeeping came everyday and did a great job. I did not hear my neighbors at all, but to be honest i am not sure if anyone was next to us on either side.

The good points:
Great location
Ocean view
Modern Furnishings kept in good repair
balconies
dish soap and laundry detergent given to you.
Great little kitchens
queen bed very comfy
pool was kept in clean condition (a little sand)
Beach chairs towels and umbrellas for guest use.

The bad points
House keeping needs to keep balconies swept off
Price is a little high (we paid around $145.00 a night)
Beach not great for shelling, try north longboat
Needs larger trash cans in rooms

We loved it, but would most likely look for cheaper accommodations next time.

• Liked — The Furnishings
  • Disliked — The Price
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Beach on Longboat Key? Share your experiences!