“Second Choice was delicious!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Description: The Dry Dock Waterfront Grill features casual indoor & outdoor dining overlooking Sarasota Bay. Known for having one of the freshest grouper sandwiches on Florida 's West Coast the Dry Dock is popular with locals and visitors to Longboat. From the dockside patio, the view of Sarasota Bay is obstructed only by shady coconut palm fronds. The Dry Dock is conveniently located at the south end of Longboat Key at the Boathouse Marina.
Minneapolis
“Second Choice was delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

The food at the Dry Dock was delicious! We got seated after about 20 minutes on a Wednesday evening. Our waitress was peppy and patient, even though it was evident she was quite busy. Even though she warned us the kitchen was really busy, the food came within a very reasonable amount of time. I appreciated the menu which included a combination of scallops and crab cakes! We ate inside but had a nice view of the harbor. The crowd was fairly casual, including a fair number of children. Both the scallops and crab cakes were delicious, and I ended up with a fair amount of leftovers. My husband had a sea bass which was equally as good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Campton Hills, Illinois
“Terrific food, friendly service, tranquil location. Nothing more needed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

My wife and I ate at Dry Dock a few years ago, and we returned this past week. It was so good, we went twice in three days. From the host at the door, to the bartender, to our wait staff, the friendliness and efficiency of the service was second to none. And so was the food. Do not miss the lobster bisque, if it's on the menu. Everything on the menu we tried was a success. The prices are entirely reasonable for the quality. Watching the pelicans and other seabirds stop by only adds to the tranquil (albeit not fancy) setting. Reason enough to retire in the area? Maybe not, but I look forward to returning here again and again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
University Park, MD
“Always enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

I always try to have lunch at the Dry Dock when I'm in Sarasota. It's one of my favorite seafood restaurants there. The service has been very good and I enjoy the food. I would also recommend the fried clams.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
NH
“Beautiful view, mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

We sat in a perfect seat surrounded by windows so our view was wonderful. Our waitress was not very attentive and we had to ask what the specials were and ask for bread, both of which she offered right away to tables around us. The price of the food did not match the quantity or quality at all. I am unsure if we went on an off night or not. I ordered grilled shrimp and I actually had to remove the line from 2 of them, not very classy. The food tasted okay, not great, and the portions were small. While in the area we went to a few less known restaurants that had great food, a great atmosphere, and attentive wait staff, that I would recommend more then the Dry Dock. I was really disappointed as I had been looking forward to going and waited over an hour to eat there.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Lansing, IL
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

We had dinner here during our recent trip to Sarasota, and we highly recommend it. We waited about an hour for our table, but the jumbo gulf shrimp and scallops were awesome. We sat on the outside patio and watched the full moon rise over Sarasota. Service was top notch.

• 5 of 5 stars Food