“don't let the parking lot entrance fool you, its NOT a dive, but merely the home of the BEST gourmet tater tots ever!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant and Pub

Ranked #7 of 22 restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Mar Vista is located on North Longboat Key on picturesque Sarasota Bay. Enjoy a delicious meal inside the quaint dining room or on the outdoor covered deck overlooking Sarasota Bay. We accommodate all types of watercraft from kayaks to yachts. Been fishing? Bring in your filleted fish and we will cook it up for you. Leave a dollar bill on the wall and a little bit of your heart to find on your return visit.
Woodstock, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Mar Vista does have a dive bar image, but its not that at all, the porch, live oak gardens, sand, dock, amazing bay views, and the ability to have boaters tie up and come into the gardens for great food and service is a plus. We discovered this place in 2012, and have made long boat key a side bar trip several times since, just to enjoy the ambience and Great food. The Homemade Tater Tots deserve a spot on Diners, drive inns, and dives as the Perfect food!!! But we are glad more folks don't know about it!!! the only down side is having to go into the dank, dusty, stale bar area to use the facilities. staff is always friendly, courteous, and prompt. The gardens are also pet and kid friendly.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Scotland
“Great location but food a disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The setting is spectacular but,sadly, the food was not very good. I believe the building is being improved.and this can only be good as the whole place looks run down. The outside space under the trees is lovely. However, my meal was probably the worst I have had since I started coming to the area 10 years ago.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Very nice outdoor resturamt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We had a variety of seafoods. It was great food, great service and a great atmosphere. The Wife and I went away full and happy. Very nice outside seating area. Best after dark.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Food: Husband=3 stars, me=2, view outside only=5”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband got the steamed pot of seafood and I got the grouper blackened sandwich. Both were pretty bland. Fries were good. Piña colada ok. I got disgusted by a begging squirrel which a waiter kept feeding by hand. We will not come back. Too many other good places to eat, but the view is beautiful.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“Fantastic evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I were returning to Sarasota from Anna Maria Island when we decided to find a place friends had taken me to many years ago. I couldn't remember the name but as soon as I saw a Mar Vista sign I knew that was it. What a cool old Florida monied place, but ultra casual with no pretentiious, but lots of great food. We were seated waterside under the beautiful tree canopies on a perfect warm evening about three hours before sunset. Our server, ,Jason, was the best.. Food selections made with his input were fantastic. If I lived on Longboat Key it would become my haunt.

• 5 of 5 stars Food