The liberal use of exclamation points following their posted rules should have been a clue. We have been there twice and actually like the place, although the rooms and furnishings are close to austere. What finished it for us this year was simply the attitude of the female innkeeper, Mary Lou. Seems that a coffee-spotted $1.00 dish towel was the most important issue for her during our $7000.00 stay. It was necessary for her to come to our room at 9PM to discuss very irritatingly how we were not keeping them clean enough and the spots forced her to throw them away. NOTE---this was at 9PM and over a couple of cheap dishtowels. Funny thing---she never came to us to ask how our visit was going. The reason for the 9PM visit, as she says, was that she works during the day---but, the very next night she was seen at the outside hut at 5:30PM. Sorry, Mary Lou, but your actions, over a few cheap dishtowels, cost you another $5 or $7,000 visit by us. Maybe you are more concerned by petty things than for making your customers visits relaxing---sure seems like it. I would recommend this place, but not as long as this attitude exists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom apartments all fully furnished with outside patios, all ground level, overlooking lush landscaping and/or our beach, fully equipped kitchens. Private beach furnished with loungers, tables, secluded and unspoiled with fantastic views. Restaurants within walking distance, shopping, theatre, arts, tennis courts, golf, biking all close by. Small dogs allowed. Previously known as Riviera Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Hotwire so you can book your Sandpiper Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Hotel Longboat Key
- Sandpiper Motel Longboat Key