Locally run hotel right on the beach in Longboat Key was comfortable and clean. The room space was sufficient for three of us, and was very clean when we arrived. They were very accommodating to our request for an early check in. While it is not a new or luxury hotel, it was right on the beach and satisfied our LBK fix for the evening. The pool is very small, for wading only, and too small for swimming. And for the squeamish like me, we saw a couple of snakes on the property (due to the beautiful landscaping and abundance of lizards for them to feed). But, it is Florida in the summer, so not overly surprising, nor did they bother us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom apartments all fully furnished with outside patios, all ground level, overlooking lush landscaping and/or our beach, fully equipped kitchens. Private beach furnished with loungers, tables, secluded and unspoiled with fantastic views. Restaurants within walking distance, shopping, theatre, arts, tennis courts, golf, biking all close by. Small dogs allowed. Previously known as Riviera Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Sandpiper Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Hotel Longboat Key
- Sandpiper Motel Longboat Key