Stayed 4 nights mid November. It was a good option for what we needed. Some previous reviews call Sandpiper Inn 'old Florida'. I would call it high 'kitch' in terms of decor. However the rooms and kitchenette are spotlessly clean and well appointed with all you need, especially if you want to prepare your own simple meals. Thankfully, on this occasion, first impressions were wrong. The owners where very friendly and very helpful, adding to the pleasant stay, but the front office is, to be honest, a mess, and with barking dogs, and the strong small of them (and I am a dog lover), I think that this is something that could be greatly improved. The location is great, being on the beach. I was surprised however by the huge amount of accommodation in Longboat and north. and I would therefore perhaps research a little bit more to see what my dollar could get me next time, as I am not convinced that there are not better options for the money. However, overall, we had a good stay, and enjoyed the accommodation and location - just would suggest there could well be other better value options to consider.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom apartments all fully furnished with outside patios, all ground level, overlooking lush landscaping and/or our beach, fully equipped kitchens. Private beach furnished with loungers, tables, secluded and unspoiled with fantastic views. Restaurants within walking distance, shopping, theatre, arts, tennis courts, golf, biking all close by. Small dogs allowed. Previously known as Riviera Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Sandpiper Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Hotel Longboat Key
- Sandpiper Motel Longboat Key