The Sandpiper is not luxurious nor modern. However, it is very clean, seems to be very well run, and has wonderful, close, convenient access to the beach. The beaches of Siesta Key, Longboat Key and Anna Maria all seem to have an influx of seaweed in the water and all over the beaches right now but that is simply what you get at times in the Gulf.
We found our rooms to be very well-equipped and comfortable. There is a large sitting room in the one-bedroom unit with kitchen area that has a large refrigerator a stove and dishwasher, coffee maker, dining table. The bedroom and bath are not large but adequate and the king-size bed is very comfortable. The tile floors make it very appropriate for the beach and are easy to sweep out. The grounds are small but lovely and there is a semi-private seating area by your room, a bar-b-que area, small pool and outdoor pavilion.
It is a nice intimate setting amidst large condo units. We enjoyed our stay and felt we got a good price as it was near the end of the season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom apartments all fully furnished with outside patios, all ground level, overlooking lush landscaping and/or our beach, fully equipped kitchens. Private beach furnished with loungers, tables, secluded and unspoiled with fantastic views. Restaurants within walking distance, shopping, theatre, arts, tennis courts, golf, biking all close by. Small dogs allowed. Previously known as Riviera Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Sandpiper Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Hotel Longboat Key
- Sandpiper Motel Longboat Key