“Beautiful Beach and Nice Accomodations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SeaHorse Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Longboat Key
Prices are for rooms, adults
SeaHorse Beach Resort
Save Saved
You added SeaHorse Beach Resort to your Saves list
3453 Gulf of Mexico Dr, Longboat Key, FL 34228   |
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Beautiful Beach and Nice Accomodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We found this hidden gem July 2013 for our honeymoon. We both fell in love with the location and have returned for our one year anniversary. We've stayed in units 236 and 237. So far, unit 237 is our favorite due to the updated decor. Both units showed some signs of aging (a little rust here and there) but nothing major. It is affordable and is right on a private beach. I can't imagine you'll find anything closer. The staff is friendly and helpful as well. The location is convenient to most everything on Longboat Key. A grocery store is about 2 blocks away. Plenty of grata places to eat. If you're into tennis, the Longboat Key Public Tennis Center is a block away and they provide affordable private tennis lessons. I do not play but my husband does and has been more than pleased with his two experiences. All in all, I highly recommend Seahorse and plan many more memories here!

Stayed July 2014

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Old Florida. Old decor. If you're into that kinda chic, then this is the place for you. The pros: right on the gulf w/private beach, beautiful views, affordable prices, located close to the Publix shopping center and just 15 minutes from St. Armands circle and world-class shopping & dining. The cons: Old, not handicap-accessible, and rooms are a little small. All in all, not a bad place to stay--try to get a room that's been updated and you'll have a good experience.

Room Tip: since these units are owned by individual owners, pick one that's been nicely updated, it's...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Our family has been very pleased with our stay at the sea horse. The condos are individually owned ours was very upgraded and nice but I can't speak for the other units. What I can say is every time we encountered an employee they were friendly and spoke as we passed in the halls. Any questions I had were answered quickly, accurately and with a smile. The place has some signs of age( I saw some rust that had been painted over in a couple spots and you could see the previous paint through the chips in the new paint on the stairs) but is very clean. The pool area was kept spotless and there was even a chest of play toys provided for everyone to share. And the best part the LOCATION. You cannot get any closer to the beach. And it is beautiful and pretty private. Never did I have to wonder where we would sit, plenty of space. It was a great relaxing time.

Stayed June 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Have been going back to the Sea Horse over many years. Friendly staff. Nice apartments, the perfect escape if you just want to "hang" on the beach. Went there last year and we'll be back this summer. Also stayed in February which is equally nice and a little cooler too.

Room Tip: Ground floor, to walk out your patio doors onto the beach. First floor offers nicer ocean panoramas...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

You can't be closer to the beach and the Gulf of Mexico than at the Seahorse. This is a long two-story condo complex made up of studio, 1 and 2 bedroom units. We've stayed on the second floor as well but prefer the ground floor for lack of stairs and direct access to the beach. We traditionally spend a week here in March and book the same studio condo - first floor with direct access to the beach off the lanai. The condo is well kept - they are privately owned and therefore variable in furnishings and decor some more spartan than others but with the essentials to cook breakfast and a light lunch (as we go out to eat at night). The studio condo has a kitchen and a bed/sitting room to watch TV and a bathroom it's tight space-wise but we don't go there for the condo. We have been here annually for well over 12 years and have noted the property strives to keep the rooms generally upgraded. Each year we see something new or added to the unit we rent. The pool and pool deck are great but we want the sand-in-the-toes experience so stay on the beach. The staff are polite and efficient, we have NEVER seen any bugs of any type in our studio condo - or my wife would be out of there pronto. Longboat Key is so relaxing, no fast food/strip malls. We can't wait until the next March visit comes around.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor if possible for direct beach access.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Loved the retro ambience with access to the most beautiful Gulf of Mexico beach right outside the patio door......felt like an escape in time....will definitely return again and again.......one of the more relaxing getaways that I have experienced....

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed at this resort over the Christmas Holidays in a 2 bedroom on the 2nd floor -room 231. We had cockroaches running around the unit and ants in the master bedroom bathroom. On arrival when we first entered this unit it smelled quite musty. I reported the insect problem to the office. They wanted to have someone come in and spray but we declined as we didn't want the spray to get in our clothes and we didn't want to stir up more of these critters. The office gave us money back for 1 night only which didn't really help to compensate us, considering we vacated the unit a day earlier then we were suppose to because we just couldn't stand it anymore. My friend forgot to bring slippers and the bottom of her socks were black from walking around this unit. I also showed the office her sock. They sent a crew in to clean so it at least smelled better than it did when we first arrived. The unit itself is tired looking and needs updating. The pots and pans were all scratched and in need of replacement. I had to spend a day of my vacation using their washer/dryer to clean my clothes before we vacated because I didn't want to take any critters home with me. These machines weren't the best either. Even though we rented this 2 bedroom, my friend ended up moving into my room with 2 double beds because she seemed to have more critters in her room and couldn't sleep. Would I return - NEVER!!!! I love the island and I will definitely return to Longboat Key but I'm sure I will find something much cleaner than this!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to SeaHorse Beach Resort? Share your experiences!