“Bayou Tavern is one of my favorite restaurants on Longboat Key” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 23 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Cleveland, Ohio
“Bayou Tavern is one of my favorite restaurants on Longboat Key”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

True we stay very near the Bayou, but really that's not why I am always pulled to eating there. First I love their cannelloni, I don't find that many places that do it well. Second the rest of their menu has always pleased us. Third from the owner to the bar staff and wait staff, you always feel very well cared for, My friend loves their veal dishes. We've taken large parties their and it was a huge success. I'm no wine enthusiast but the Chianti they brought me was very pleasing.

When you're in the Sarasota area, give them a try. Call for reservations first during the busy season.

• Visited December 2013

Longboat Key, Florida
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Great food and great service for a great price. Food is always consistently good. Friendly service. Owners always onsite to provide exceptional service. When we want a great meal with friends and family, we always come to Bayou Tavern

• Visited December 2013
Birmingham
“Great Italian Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyable dining experience. Food was delicious and menu choices were varied. Service was friendly however was fairly slow. Looked like they needed more help for the business they had on a Friday evening.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Macon, Georgia
“a hidden 5-star gem of a italian restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

my husband and i have been coming to Longboat Key for as many as 15 years. tonight for the first time (thanks to good reviews on "tripadvisor"), we tried the Bayou Tavern. it was so awesome. i had the cheese ravioli and bolognese meat sauce and my husband had veal cannelloni. it was absolutely awesome. there was no room for improvement...it was delicious...hot and so tasty. in addition, the staff seemed to appreciate our visit which was refreshing. the Bayou Tavern is in a small strip mall close to the bradenton bridge on the right...it is well worth a visit. i would not hesitate to recommend this wonderful restaurant to anyone. we will be back. thanks for a totally delightful Italian dinner and sweet hospitality!!

• Visited October 2013
Upstate NY
“Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Your view of this restaurant is all about what you are expecting. First let me say all the people in my group enjoyed their meal. The food wasn't perfect but it all tasted good and was generous in proportion. Two of us had pasta dishes and the other had chicken Marsala. All of it was tasty with the exception that some of the chicken pieces in my pasta were overcooked and chewy. The service was very attentive and friendly. The service approach isn't what you usually find as several different people took care of us including the owner. The décor was mixed and a bit confused crossing between Italian to sports themes. It is located in a strip mall that doesn't inspire confidence but you should look by that. Overall we enjoyed our visit but I believe in the future I will come here when I'm looking for a casual and reasonably priced alternative with a good vibe but don't expect anything beyond that.

• Visited October 2013