“Great food-Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Michigan
“Great food-Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have been to Longboat Key many times, but due to vegetarian pasta loving kids we never tried the Lazy Lobster before. This year without kids we finally tried the restaurant. The first time my husband had the coconut flounder and I had pecan halibut. Both were delicious with two large pieces of fish. The sides that came with it were wild rice and green beans. We loved it all. My husband also had the pineapple slaw and I ordered the garlic spinach. We loved everything. The waitstaff was wonderful. They are a well oiled machine. Bread came quickly, as did our drink orders and food. Reservations are recommended. We ate their three times without reservations and were able to get tables with a wait of less than1/2 hour. There is seating outside or in the bar as a first come first serve basis.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Holden, Massachusetts
“This time, the in-laws were right!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Every year my wife and I spend 10 days with her parents in the Longboat Key area. The in-laws are in their 80's and I'm not always keen on their dining choices, but this year they brought us to "The Lazy Lobster" and I was surprised and pleased with the choice. We did dine early (like that's a surprise!) and at first I wasn't sure about the restaurant, as it's located in a small mall area. However, once inside, the place was nicely appointed and clean; the staff was well trained and amiable; and the food and service was good. In fact, we dined here twice during our visit, as we agreed the atmosphere and value was worth a return trip. The menu choices are varied and interesting and include some preparations that are not typical of restaurants located among shops and offices. For example, there was a phyllo dough wrapped shrimp entree; a very nice Flounder Francoise meal; and a few others that were as visually appealing as they were tasty.

I'd give this place a try if you are in Longboat Key or on Anna Maria Island.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Fun place, fine food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was my first time at this restaurant although I've been to Longboat Key many times. Its hard to get into. I think its a really fun, reasonably priced restaurant and the staff is really good. Perhaps I would have enjoyed the food more had I not been on a low carb diet. My tilapia was fine and they did prepare it as I asked them to but there wasn't much on the menu for me to choose from if I wanted to stick to seafood. (I didn't go there to eat steak...) Having said that, everyone else at my table loved their meals and I think if I could have eaten the fried shrimp that looked so yummy, I'd have rated this a four. Its worth going.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
knoxville, TN
“A Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We always enjoy trying a new restaurant when we visit Siesta Key and after reading reviews on Tripadvisor we decided to dine at Lazy Lobster. The reservation process via phone was easy, but they lost our reservation. However, the manager quickly corrected the mistake and seated us promptly..The food was outstanding...all fresh with ample servings. Loved the ambiance of the restaurant ! The manager visited our table to make sure we were happy...very nice. The only negative was our server was not overly friendly..did not seem to take a personal interest! But, we will definitely return to the Lazy Lobster next year...definitely try a lobster dish and the fries are served in a cute little basket! Worth the drive from Siesta Key!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent seafood - good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had Grouper and it was excellent. Need to make reservations or come between 7:30-8PM. Service was friendly and very responsive.

Visited March 2013