“Most excellent meal, nice atmosphere.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Longboat Key
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Most excellent meal, nice atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Our server told us that some people make reservations here months in advance. We arrived for our first visit without reservations and with no chance to dine in one of the main dining rooms. There was even a 20 minute wait for a table in their "no reservations needed" outdoor dining area. But we managed to find a table in the bar. The food was terrific. My lobster bisque was tasty, abundant, and served at the perfect temperature. We also tried the salmon special and lobster mac and cheese. Our server was very attentive. We will be back. And we will make a reservation.

Cary, North Carolina
“Wonderful dining experience on Longboat Key”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here twice during the past week. On both occasions we were totally satisfied with our meals. Their prices are very reasonable and if you go between 4:00 and 5:30 they have an "early bird" menu with prices even lower. You should make reservations if you intend to go.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Totally disappointed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had not been at this restaurant since it was the upscale/sophisticated Maureen's Palm Grille ten years ago. I had heard great things about the Lazy Lobster, so I was looking forward to a fantastic experience. I was appalled when I saw the decor, which is certainly no longer upscale or sophisticated. It seems to be a mix of tacky country and New England kitsch. The hallway and even part of the entrance area are lined with boxes and boxes of wine -- does this restaurant not have a storage room? Our party of 10 was seated immediately -- we had a reservation for the private room. Bad sign when we had to share menus because they didn't have enough to go around. The menu is large, so it was inconvenient to have to pass it back and forth. Our server was attentive and someone in management (manager, owner?) did come back to check on us, which was nice. I must say everyone in our party enjoyed their meals. Except for me. I had the Wild Pacific Salmon with lemon butter. The salmon arrived with the topping on the side (I had asked for it on top), so it was obvious that the salmon was overdone. The person next to me thought I'd had ordered it blackened -- that's how overdone it was. So of course it was crusty and dry....I couldn't even finish it. And I didn't want to ruin everyone else's night by sending back my food. Anyway, clearly I'm in the minority as the restaurant gets such high ratings from most reviewers, and maybe I'm negative due to the overdone salmon and my view of a hallway of wine boxes, but this definitely is not my kind of place.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Longboat Key, Florida
“Love the Lobster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The food is always excellent, and the presentation outstanding! We live on Longboat Key, and are "regulars," at this restaurant. Don't miss this one!

Visited January 2013
Bradenton, Florida
“Excellent every visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I, my parents and everyone who comes to visit any of us just love it here. Service is great, prices are good and food is always outstanding. Better lobster bisque than what we have had at higher end restaurants. Just a great place to eat!

• Visited December 2012