“Great views and Great service! Going back for sure!” 5 of 5 stars

Edgewater Lodge
65651 Overseas Hwy., Mile Marker 65.5 Bay side, Long Key, FL   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Long Key B&B and Inns
Hollywood, Florida, United States
“Great views and Great service! Going back for sure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Edgewater for 4 days... We were VERY happy with the views, the service and the laid back atmostphere! The rooms were very clean. We had a great and relaxing time. Owner was more than wonderful. We are already talking about when we will return!
Jeff and Maggie :-)

Room Tip: Ask for second floor for great views!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I have returned to Edgewater Lodge for our second time and was just as great as our first time! We first went there February 2012 for a Valentines Getaway and then again that year around November I believe. Should of posted this sooner so I could remember-sorry I did not; meant to! This place is good for all travelers such as couples, families, fisherman, etc.

If you are looking for something clean and nice and would like to be somewhere more quiet and how the keys was back in day-non commercialized, then you will love this place.

They now have someone there that can take you Parasailing if you choose to do that!

There are things to do within a drive without having to go all the way down to Key West! I suggest spending a day at The Dolphin Research Center and taking a tour of The Turtle Hospital; very well worth it! Also, my husband and I took a ride in a bi-plane while down there and that was awesome!

Melinda was very helpful to us and was there if we needed her but left us to enjoy our vacation too!

Thanks for everything-we will be back,
John/Gloria

Room Tip: I would suggest booking one of the effeciency rooms on the water; well worth it-ours was Unit 5 at t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We had booked four nights at the Edgewater Lodge but the moment we arrived, we extended our stay by two nights. This is the perfect spot for the most relaxing of holidays: beautifully positioned right on the water, comfortable and spacious rooms (we had a two-bedroom cottage to accommodate my wife, myself and our three teenaged children, and we had plenty of space) and a lovely pool area and barbecue facilities. We were welcomed and looked after very kindly by Melinda, for whom guest satisfaction was a priority. Our luggage went missing at Miami Airport and she couldn't have been more helpful in helping us to track it. The crowning glory of this wonderful resort is its position. Open your curtains in the morning and you are literally right by the sea. There is a small beach, plenty of sun loungers, a couple of kayaks - so even if you aren't into fishing (as we aren't) there's lots to do. Location on the Keys excellent: you are halfway down, close to fishing and snorkelling facilitiess, canoeing in Long Key state park, decent beaches, great restaurants and Key West easily reachable for a day trip. Were it not for the 10-hour transatlantic flight, we'd be here every year! Great value for money also.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed last weekend at Edgewater Lodge and had a complete blast! We arrived Friday morning to a warm welcome from Melinda who gave us the lay of the land. We trailered my boat down and tied it up at their docks for the weekend. We spent Friday afternoon on the pristine waters of Florida Bay and universally agreed that life does not suck.

Saturday was a total wash out weather wise, but we made the best of it enjoying the local restaurants during the day and hanging out at the pool and using the grills to make our meals at night. Paul came by Saturday afternoon and advised us that the wind was going to come up overnight and that we should haul out the boat to make sure it wasn't damaged. We were glad we did! The wind blew 25 knots that night and the chop coming across the bay would have damaged the boat for sure.

We left the next morning feeling content that we had made the best of our time in the Keys and knowing for sure that the service we received would bring us back to Edgewater in a couple of months. Thanks Paul and Melinda for a great weekend. Next time, just fix the weather for us, will you?!

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Waukesha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We checked Tripadvisor before booking the Edgewater Lodge. Melinda was so friendly on the phone, it was a pleasure to meet her in person. Our room was extra clean and had a beautiful view of the sunset over the bay each night. We grilled out each evening and sat under the little hut roof table and watched the sunset. An extra bonus, the morning we had to leave a manatee came to the pier and stayed long enough for us to take wonderful pictures and video!

Room Tip: I do believe that all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bowdle, sd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We had one of the rooms with a sliding glass door and deck right on the water, several nights we brought fresh and awesome takeout seafood back to the room and ate on our deck, as the sunset was as nice off of our deck then anywhere else we ate. Edgewater had a sheet with places to eat and things to do that they recommended, and they were spot on, we found some of the best places thanks to their recommendations.

We caught fish off of our pier (there are 4) there were guests fishing off of the piers quite often during our weeks stay in March. I'm sure there were a few empty rooms, but the lodge was pretty much full the week we were there, with alot of return guests, one very nice couple from Boston said they had been coming there for over 30 years, and also were a great help in us with suggestions. We also used the lodge's double kayak, they also had a single. We also snorkeled right at the property and saw many tropical fish, wait till the tide is on the way up so there is very little current. We could always see fish in the clear water right off of our pier without getting in the water.

Both Melinda and Paul were there on our weeks stay and both were very helpful, Paul even let us use his divers down flag while we were snorkling, something being from the midwest we were not even aware that we needed for safety and he suggested we use when he saw us head out with our snorkle gear. We also got to talk to Melinda several times during our stay and she was always very helpful, I had also called and talked to both of them a few times before our stay as I had alot of questions about what to bring for our trip and they were both always very accommodating.

We use trip advisor all the time, and part of our family business lets us travel all over the U.S. from coast to coast. We rarely have a bad stay, again because we use trip advisor, and it always amazes me when I read bad reviews, and it does not matter if it is a 1000 dollar a night hotel, there will be bad reviews at great places, I have learned to read between the lines, as it is hard to imagine where some of the people who write bad reviews about great places come from. I guess things like 'spoiled at a young age' or 'high maintenance' comes to mind...Ha!

I promise you Edgewater lodge is a great place, just keep in mind you are not paying 1000 dollars a night, far from it, one of the cleanest places combined with best values along with hands down the very, very best view we have ever stayed at!

Room Tip: We did several self guided Kayak trips in the area, one of the best was at Long Key state park, just...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
islamelia, Owner at Edgewater Lodge, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
I am so glad you had a good time! I appreciate your comments and you taking the time to write about your experience while visiting the Keys. I hope you get a chance to visit again. Thanks so much!
Davie,FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

I just read the review by kf3. I have to completely DISAGREE! We've stayed there six or so times and love it. Melinda, the owner is extremely friendly, gregarious and accomodating. Besides, there are security cams so why would she need to ride by and spy? The prices are great- try and find a better rate down there! This review just sounds suspect to me- total opposite of any experience we've had there... Matter of fact, we're saving for another peaceful weekend at Edgewater Lodge. Can't wait for another trip to paradise!

• Stayed February 2012
islamelia, Owner at Edgewater Lodge, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thanks so much for your support and comments. That was a good point about the security cameras, (which are really focused on the car and boat parking areas). Some folks are just paranoid I guess. I look forward to your next visit!

Been to Edgewater Lodge? Share your experiences!