“Potential?” 2 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   70001 Overseas Highway, Long Key, FL 33001   |
Marathon, Florida
“Potential?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We booked last year through Morgan. This year Encore purchased this property and thank goodness they did honor our reservation. The existing staff at this time is limited and though a couple of them stood out as very friendly, most were not and not fully trained at the front desk. We have heard from many other travelers to this resort that they would never come again, due to other unruly, loud, partying campers. I think there tends to be campers who brake the rules because there is a lack of, and or, lack of enforcement of rules that may be in place. This is a beautiful property with much potential if certain criteria were met. 1. Top notch management, 2. Staff that are properly trained with a plus on customer service, 3. Sufficient staff to run a very large facility such as this one, 4. The ability to embrace what campers want in a resort and implement those changes to the fullest!
We saw guest come in who didn't even have a tent! They were either sleepin in an suv, or car with a couple tarps hung up. I don't think this is makes a very good impression for potential new business or returning business when you see this. It looks cheap and says we don't care who camps here. Also enforce the fishing regulations. As far as licensing and size regulations in paticular, for the lobster that can be taken. I also saw a couple people walking on the beach areas with spear guns, (rules say, not allowed). No night security, not enough picnic tables, RV sites that are old, cramped and utilitiy connections that are totally out of place for easy hook ups.
We won't be back here next year, but, we will come and see what progress if any comes about. Maybe future booking if Encore can truly implement what they said they are looking to do. I hope so, because, like I said it is a truly beautiful place in the keys with loads of potential to be a top notch resort if run correctly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Equity Lifestyl... P, Guest Relations Manager at Fiesta Key RV Resort, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Terry W,

I have shared your concerns with the Fiesta Key staff with the appropriate management. They are currently working to make sure that our guests are treated with professional courtesy and helpful concern.

Fiesta Key is undergoing may renovations to ensure that our facilities and amenities match the striking landscapes at our resort.

I am glad you recognize the beautiful scenery and views at Fiesta Key and hope you will reconsider and decide to visit us again to experience some of these restorations for yourself! Thank you again, for sharing your concerns and hopefully on your next stay with us, you will have a rewarding and enjoyable visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Before I went, I researched. And the reviews where terrible. Until the last few weeks. At which time I read about new owners taking over and putting a lot of money into the place. It pains me to say it, because I love having secret escapes that aren't popular and always full, but Fiesta Key no longer deserves a poor rating. In fact, it was a great place for the family. Stayed in 2-bedroom trailer, which was brand new. The amount of areas for looking over the water was superb, including one of the best places I've seen for watching the sunset by a tiki hut. The restaurant was not 4 stars by any means, but was Keys quirky and surpassed what I expected, plus had really nice people working. The pools were perfect for my son. And I paddle boarded some of the best waters I've been on in the keys, just 20+ feet off the resort. Saw green sea turtles, lots of sharks, rays, etc. I loved it, and would bring my family again. You can tell they are working hard to make it better, and there are a lot of other new things planned there. I also toured the brand new cottages, will stay there next time- roomier and with direct water views.

Room Tip: If you're staying more than 1 night, go grocery shopping before you get there.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Equity Lifestyl... P, Guest Relations Manager at Fiesta Key RV Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear cordesca,

I want to thank you for taking the time to complete our customer review. It is rewarding to know that you are pleased with our current property restorations.

Fiesta Key is slated for more major renovations for the 2014 season, so your feedback is a great tool to ensure that our ongoing improvements are achieving our goal of supreme customer satisfaction.

I want to encourage you to visit Fiesta Key again in the near future and view more of these transformations for yourself. The scenic landscapes at Fiesta Key remain a beautiful experience.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

When I made reservations, I was clear that we had a 36' f/w with 3slides. In spite of this, when we arrived we were immediately told that we wouldn't fit in the assigned space. Fortunately, there were empty spaces and the nice man in the office gave us a list to go around and choose from. However, over half the spaces he listed were tent sites. The remaining sites were either muddy and rutted or had overhanging branches that wouldn't allow us to use our slides. One of the sites even had a big pile of dirt on it. We picked the least muddy site we could find, but the spaces were quite tight. The bathrooms were badly in need of updating and cleaning. The "dog walk" was nothing more than a very muddy road leading to the water, so no one was walking their dog there (me included!). There was a decent little beach with lounge chairs located next to a good size pool. The pool was clean, but older and in need of updating. This is a large park with some nice areas and some trashy areas. It has the potential to be a very nice park if Encore would pour some money into it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Equity Lifestyl... P, Guest Relations Manager at Fiesta Key RV Resort, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear ZAGranny,

I want to thank you for taking the time to complete our customer review. Your feedback is a great tool to ensure that our ongoing improvements are achieving our goal of supreme customer satisfaction.

I'm sorry your recent experience with your campsite misunderstanding resulted in your having to be inconvenienced for part of your stay. Fiesta Key is currently undergoing many renovations in 2014. Part of these include new cabana furnishings and restored restroom facilities. I have shared your concerns with management and they are taking steps to remedy any adverse conditions at Fiesta Key.

I want to encourage you to visit our community again in the near future and experience some of these renovations for yourself. It's nice to know that you enjoyed the pool and beach area as well as some of our other location amenities.

Thank you for sharing your concerns and hopefully on your next visit with us, you will have a rewarding and enjoyable visit.
Gatineau, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I don't even know where to start. The room we rented was completely unsafe.
-Missing smoke detector
-bunch of sharp edges everywhere (metal and ceramic)
-plain dirty and disgusting
-holes in walls filled with plastic bag

we brought this info the management attention and they just DON'T CARE.
I showed them the pictures and they didn't even care and didn't want to compensate with anything.

SEE PICTURES

Room Tip: somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear hybrid9999,

I want to thank you for taking the time to complete a customer review about your recent stay at Fiesta Key. Your feedback is a great tool to ensure that we are achieving our goal of supreme customer satisfaction.

I'm sorry your recent experience with your room accommodations resulted in your dissatisfaction. I have shared your concerns with management and they are taking steps to restore and improve many of the facilities and amenities at Fiesta Key during 2014.

I want to encourage you to visit our community again and experience some of these renovations for yourself. Periodically, we offer specials and discounted rates based on availability.

Thank you for sharing your comments and hopefully on your next visit with us, you will have a rewarding and enjoyable visit.
Liberty Hill, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Travel all 50 states and this was the worst ever. Photo do not match up with the rooms we had. Run as fast as you can from Fiesta Resort. Sorry beds, paint coming off the walls. One of the rooms had hole on the wall. Spend the extra money and pass this one by. Craig is no longer there.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ran120,

I want to thank you for taking the time to complete our customer review. Fiesta Key is slated for major renovations for the 2014 season, so your feedback is a great tool to ensure that our ongoing improvements are achieving our goal of supreme customer satisfaction.

I have shared your concerns regarding your room accommodations with management and they are currently taking steps to remedy any adverse conditions at Fiesta Key. New Cabana furnishings have been ordered and should arrive soon. Many of other facilities are being painted and restored.

I want to encourage you to visit our community again in the near future and experience some of these renovations for yourself as well as enjoy the beautiful landscapes and views that Fiesta Key has to offer.

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My family and I have been staying at Fiesta Key for the past 10 years. I don't mind the appearance of the campground because of the scenery and the wonderful staff they use to have. Unfortunately I was appalled by the new management. I have never experienced the rudeness and lack of attention from the staff. Valerie seems to be a little racist and the new manager calls himself the terminator. Well if you were looking to terminate your customers, guess what? I decided to terminate myself. I cannot understand how the Corporate offices do not screen who they hire before hiring. I thought the park was heading in the right direction last year when the staff was under the old management and they were extremely helpful, polite and professional. Now I understand the meaning of trailer trash because that is all that is left at the park. My advise to future travelers check closely who is running the park before checking in. If you like to have drunks and rude individuals attending you then by all means this is your location for vacation. PLEASE train your employees how to be courteous to the paying customers, how to say thank you, please and have a nice day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Susan J,

I want to thank you for taking the time to complete our customer review after your recent stay at Fiesta Key. Our guests are a very important part of our community, so your feedback is essential to help us achieve your greatest satisfaction.

I am glad you recognize the beautiful scenery and views at Fiesta Key and hope you will decide to visit us again after 10 years of memorable vacations at this location.

Gold Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The photos of the sunsets & water look just like the photos we took during our week there. We were in 1 of the new cottages. Being just a few feet from the water is exactly what I wanted. The cottage was clean, the kitchen had a full size sink and stove. The mattress was very comfortable. Some of the best seafood we had was at the restaurant on the resort. A very large amount of storage in the cottages so you could spend months there and not feel cramped. We loved it and the location was perfect for visiting Key West & Key Largo.

Room Tip: Ask for the cottages--no matter which one you get, the rising & setting sun over the Bay is spec...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear jcw939,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our customer review. It is rewarding to know that you recognize our breathtaking views at Fiesta Key, including our majestic sunsets and striking waterfronts. We are pleased you enjoyed staying in our newly renovated cottages and enjoyed dining at the delicious Lobster Crawl Restaurant.

We hope you will stay with us again, soon, to enjoy another memorable visit!

Been to Fiesta Key RV Resort? Share your experiences!