“The Bathrooms” 2 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   70001 Overseas Highway, Long Key, FL 33001   |
Miami, Florida
“The Bathrooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Bathrooms are disgusting,the shower the same situation,I was on a tent place and all are destroyed. There is not quality on nothing on it.In the bathrooms there are not soup for the hands and only one toilet working of 5 and all disgusting .

Room Tip: There are only brand new trailers on it to rent that are good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Port Orange, Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you like loud Salsa music until 2:00 in the morning then this is the place for you. If you like a complete lack of on grounds management you will like this place.The cottage we rented was the worst ever. The pots used for cooking were beyond being usable. You wouldn't want to touch them. The cottage had tile loose on the bathroom floor and you couldn't walk in the second upstairs bedroom because the height was maybe 4 feet. On top of that they charged me $200 without telling me for a pet that I never had there and will not refund me. This place is a dump and had been informed that it is for sale so no one cared about anything. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in one of the cabana rooms with two queen beds. It included a microwave and mini fridge, as well as a porch with two chairs and a table on it. The room had minor maintenance complaints such as chipping paint, but it was immaculately clean in every way. All of the appliances worked well. The sheets were above average quality for budget lodging. Our room was already stocked with 4 towels, whereas many budget places we have stayed require we asked for the 2 additional towels. The water pressure was excellent with lots of hot water so that the 4 of us could shower back to back. Our AC worked flawlessly. There is parking immediately next to the porch of the cabanas.

The staff were warm, friendly, and accommodating. The location was perfect for us as the resort actually occupies all of Fiesta Key with the exception of a small aqueduct building on the other side of the highway. Despite the resort being completely booked, it was fairly quiet and we had an excellent view of the stars and bioluminescence at night. There was excellent snorkeling with 5 foot visibility at the time we were there. Despite the low visibility, we saw corals, barracuda, a variety of colorful fish, lobster, and many other living creatures. There is no beach, but a sea wall where the water is fairly shallow a couple of yards out and good for children at that depth. The water was warm and blue.

Next to the swimming area is a pool which looked clean and well maintained. The hot tubs were closed while we were there.

In the same area is a bar that has some basic drinks and also appetizers such as fried clams and coconut shrimp. We had fried clams and they were tasty.

Fine dining and civilization is about 10 minutes away in Islamorada.

The whole place has a friendly and safe family atmosphere away from it all. It is very easy to meet other guests and play cards/drink beer in the evenings while watching the kids fish.

There is also a marina here to dock your boat if you wish.

If you are looking for a basic, clean, and safe room in a tropical land with a tiny budget, I highly recommend this resort. Maybe bring your own blanket if the old style hotel bedspreads aren't your thing.

• Stayed August 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

If you want 4 Stars, move on to Hawk's Cay. Our second stay here and the place has really gone downhill in the past few years. We were with a large crowd of 22 people with various levels of accommodation. Most everyone had a problem with the AC, ugly wall cracks or sloppy electrical hook ups. Our party of 4 had no problems at either of the rooms we stayed. The staff seems frustrated but is very friendly. It is an ideal location for fishing, boating or snorkeling. Crystal clear water surrounds the Key. Overall, the modest pricing reflects the quality of the whole facility.

• Stayed July 2013
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I did rate this place before but a second review is needed after 2 years and staying one night to find that everything is same or even worse .
The only reason I give 2 starts instead one is for localization

The bathroom are disgusting with a strong bad odor and very hot due to the non-cooling AC which btw is all broken , you may actually see all the dirty inside as there is not a face covering the unit .

No paper toilet everywhere . be ready to carry your own paper , the toilets are all dirt with you know what ...

Price is ridiculous expensive when we paid $122 for a tent site next to the water channel .. however the bad the place is crowded . most people are noisy , no control on the quiet time , golf cart are racing like crazy all over ..

Believe all the bad reviews you may read about this place ...
on the other hand I know some people that swear this is paradise .. Maybe I have a wrong concept about paradise

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

On a trip to the Florida Keys on July 5th we checked into the Fiesta Key Resort and due to the holiday the total price of the site was $ 100.44. At around 8:00 PM a group set up their tents in the site next to us which was about 8 feet away. They began to party and drink and this continued until 4 in the morning at which time the resort security finally told them to quiet down or they were going to call police.

When I complained in the morning, I was asked why I had not reported it during the night. I told them that I was afraid to go out and confront them and was relying on security to ensure compliance with their quiet time policy of 10 PM. They instructed me to contact customer service at MorganRV Resorts.

I called customer service and spent over an hour to an hour and ½ on the phone over 4 phone calls. Initially the response was that this was unacceptable behavior and a refund was probable. After about a week or so nothing had happened and when I called this time they said it was not their policy to refund when I hadn’t reported it to security. They said that they would give me a free nights stay. Based on this experience, I wouldn’t go back for anything.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Please beware this company goes by a couple different names. Ideal Cottages is the company that rents out these cottages on Fiesta Key. When you book the reservation they are very helpful, however if you need any assistance after that, they will give you the runaround!

I called to cancel my reservation after I read the horrible reviews, and they agreed to return my money since I cancelled within 24 hrs. But it's been almost a month and they still haven't refunded anything! Every time I call they give me a different excuse as to why it hasn't gone through yet.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fiesta Key RV Resort? Share your experiences!