“Not anything they claim to be....” 2 of 5 stars

You added Fiesta Key RV Resort to your Saves list
Fiesta Key RV Resort
2.5 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   70001 Overseas Highway, Long Key, FL 33001   |
Miami Beach, Florida
“Not anything they claim to be....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

So i see this place online and call to inquire...after hearing about all their gorgeous cottages la la i'm thinking how did i miss this place and how lucky its free this "holiday weekend" so i pay and get my killer 25% off deal. I'm alerted to the no linen policy after paying,which im told is because they walk off....We drive to MM70 and get to check in, on the front of the highway they have hotel, restaurant and lobster crawl sumthin....we drive in and are greeted by 2 crusty ol' bats that refuse to look at us until they are done dealin' with the questions re: where to buy bait and how to lock down a drink at a local bar...Ok so after i've signed off on my life and everyone elses in the group we head out to our killer cottage...Ha, an RV on wheels in the middle of this campsite!!! Bear in mind this is advertised as Ocean view cottage. Not only is it not Oceanview, its on the bayside, has trucks, smoking kayakers and dogs parked in front of our amazing view of the bay....im being scoffed by no seeums that have just arrived in time for happy hour. So everyone in my group [family you gotta love em] is bemused by this egregious error,I've made by booking and overpaying for this "not cottage on the ocean", we all start lamenting for tranquility bay our real home away from home in the keys...we muster thru making beds and watching tv on the filthy screen and go to bed, hoping the view will be different at 7am...yes no one has parked out front yet and so we can see the sunrise, not get eaten and have a coffee with the make do filters,out of paper towels as nothing, did i say nothing, is provided. No dish soap, salt or pepper etc..barebones is the only thing that comes to mind, now they do provide the kitchen sink and 1 trash bag. The maintenance guy was very nice, housekeeper nowhere to be seen, gate at night was open for the world to get in at 9pm !!! no wofi for the weekend and all in all this place was a real rip off...$462 for 2 nights in a campsite with no linens and no ocean...should have been $95 night at best....

Room Tip: Dont pay more than $95 per night per cottage....
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 days there on the way home from Key West. We have a 42' motorhome and there are not a lot of sites to accommadate m/h that long. They did give us two back to back sites to make it work. The employees we met were friendly. The place has tons of potential. For a campground there are lots of activities including kayaking, snorkeling, fishing to name a few. It does appear to be an older campground and needs a bit of a makeover.

• Stayed January 2013
Herkimer, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed at the resort for a week in Dec.2012. We had a very nice time. The resort is an old koa,and new owners are doing great to get it back in shape. They have at least 20 new housing units right on the water front. We have our own rv,but we got to see new units,very nice!!!!. The bar and grill impressed us the most with Alice and Sean running it. What a great couple and food was great and very resonable.We met the workers there and were all very nice and helpful. The pool was cold and needs to be redone,but they were keeping it clean. Loved the weather. Down at the docks we saw manatees and turtles. Lots of people fishing,and having great time. Will go back again.!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cocoa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The resort is installing dozen of NEW units right on the waterfront. Everyone here seems to be enjoying themselves. The staff are always busy cleaning, painting, trimming trees, and other maintenance things. The only reason I give 4 out of 5 is because some og the sites along the treeline are muddy. I'm sure they will be taking care of them soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband's family has been going to Fiesta Key for over 40 years for winter vacation. They keep a boat at the neighboring marina and fish during Dec and Jan. I personally have been vacationing there for 5 years. This year I am NOT going back. My sister in law will never go back. What once was a "hopping" go-to resort is now run down and full of ignorant workers and criminals. The rooms are so gross!!!! We even rented one of the new cottages at the top of the island. It was completely filthy and full of fleas!! The floors were warped, rusty vents, and the A/C return cover fell off the wall one night and the filter was totally disgusting. The previous year the motel room we stayed in had rotting walls, ants everywhere, and the beds are unbearable. We have a friend in Layton that gave us a spare matress to use, it was that bad! The pool and hot tub are never working, not that I would trust using them anyway. Prices keep going up and everything with this Morgan outfit is a scam. This may be my father-in law's last year there and he is the last one left of the old time regulars. I am so sad we lost this family tradition.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here - go to Caloosa Cove or some place else. Anything is better than Fiesta...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I love water sports, and this is the perfect location for it.a very secure Marina security 24x7 ...plenty activites to do. Pool, Fishing,Bar with wonderful Pizza.It does get pretty noisy on the weekends though with loud music and drinking.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Homestead, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Ok so I travel and review a lot of places. So i am reviewing this stay strictly as a tent camping stay. I had some free time so decided to do some camping and fishing in the keys and ran across this place. The state parks charge 45.00 a night and this place charged 35.00. The cheapest by far and I looked everywhere.

The facility is a little dated but as I noticed about the keys is nearly every place is. The restrooms and shower facility were very clean and well maintained. Offers a boat launch and docks for those who wish to do so and is probably one of the best places to watch the sunset on fiesta key. The property offers a pool, hot tubs and a bar with sports television and an excellent bar menu style food. Ask for the chicken quesidilla or a hand pattied burger. The staff were all very friendly and very accomodating. I had a large party camping across from me that were a bit noisy so I asked to move to a more primitive site and did so without any issues.

So I am not sure why the other reviews are so negative as I had a completely different experience and look forward to returning again soon. If your looking for a 5 star resort go to one cause this it is not. I feel like I made some good connections here and am excited to get back and say hello.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Fiesta Key RV Resort? Share your experiences!