Greetings, I hope Fellow travellers will read this review and save their vacation !
Ok let's get to the point, My wife and I picked this place thourgh Expedia the photos of the grounds looked
fantastic and the price seemed ok, now for the shock, We were given room 106 (deluxe studio ) first floor
ocean view. Upon entering the room the first thing that got our attention was the stench of the air-conditioning.
I work in the industrial air-conditioning and refrigeration business I Knew what the Odor was all about (mold and mildew).
The filter wasn't cleaned for Probably a year, next was the Light switches on the walls did nothing for the lights in the room.The ceiling fan had a lightbulb out which I reported at the moment I arrived no one came to change the lightbulb
I Immediately returned to the front desk complained and was told if I am not happy they would gladly cancel my reservation
and they had no other rooms they were booked. A short time after their grounds keeper/Maintenance man arrived to clean
the filter, it was so caked up with crud he had to use a brush to get as much dirt out as he can. I asked him why would he not just use a vacuum he stated he did not have one. Also the stove and refrigerator had visible signs of rust, Some of the cabinets bottoms formica was peeling off and the way. Now the good stuff Ha !, I know why all of this neglect as rampant throughout out the resort. The owner or owners have a little pet project in building what looks like a restaurant next-door, Noisy dusty conditions we had to deal with. Another unprofessional moment was in there Continental breakfast/waiting area, a conversation which appeared to be between the owner and his manager discussing what they should be paying their employees at what start rate and If the manager checked craigslist for any new applicants. By the way the manager with the white frame glasses was very rude on more than one occasion I acknowledged him and said good morning but I guess he felt his iPad was more important than greeting his guests in the morning maybe he was searching for new employees on craigslist. The Lime Tree Resort needs to take care of their guests above all priorities. We end up staying after Expedia advised us that if we Checked out to go to another place the refund would be up to the resort not them and that we would probably not get a refund. So Travelers beware !!!
I do have photographs of my concerns but it would probably be useless to pursue it any further than a review.
One good thing "Thank God no bed bugs"..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Keys, 1/2 way from Miami to Key West....Comfortable, reasonable rates a great place to relax and enjoy spectacular sunsets. We are quiet and peaceful. Mini suites with kitchens, large suites with 2 bedrooms and basic standard hotel rooms. Most with a water view. Free parking, free wi-fi and complimentary continental breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Lime Tree Bay Resort Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lime Tree Bay Hotel Long Key
- Lime Tree Bay Resort Motel Long Key, FL - Florida Keys