“Terrible room!” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   68500 Overseas Highway, Long Key, FL 33001   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Long Key B&B and Inns
“Terrible room!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I checked in and we had requested a king room but we couldn't have any of those rooms because apparently you have to call the resort to confirm a king room. The must have given us the worst and oldest room at the resort. We sat down on the bed and it creaked so bad I thought it was going to collapse. Definitely past it's used by date. Bathroom was dingy and tile was chipped. The shower was so small if you wanted tho shave I would have been hanging out of it. I toilet was awful. We really wanted to stay and tried to get one of the newer remodeled rooms but were told none available . So we decided to leave then suddenly one of the rooms became available. I don"t recommend a stay here unless you get one of the new rooms. We said hello to the Hilton on Key Largo and had a wonderful time.

• Stayed March 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Finnish first
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I just spent two nights at Lime Tree Bay - what a find! I loved my room - modern and clean. Fabulous view of the Gulf from the balcony in my room (#153). Unfortunately, the weather was unseasonably cold, cloudy, and windy when I was in the keys, but I still got some great sunny moments and loved watching the sunset from inside my cozy room. I've read some complaints about the beds there, but my bed was one of the most comfortable that I've ever slept in. Be aware that there really isn't anywhere to eat nearby, so you'll have to hop in the car to get some food. But it's not a big deal. I went to Sharky's Landing in Marathon on Saturday night, where they had live music and lots of fun people eating at this very "old Keys-style" bar. I also booked a spa treatment at Calm Waters Spa at Hawks Cay resort (10 minutes away) on a rainy day. The staff was very friendly and responsive - thumbs up!

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Pipersville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We just stayed at this hotel on 3/2/2013. The rooms and surroundings are clean and kept nice. We were disappointed in the linens and the bed. The mattress was way beyond its useful life and made sleeping unsatisfied. The bed cover had a stain and the towels and bath mat had holes. While clean, they really need to pay attention to these things. The breaklfast is not worth it. It is all packaged items like you would get off a lunch truck and there is no place to sit and eat- you are better off going somewhere else for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed 3 nights here, originally planned 2 but loved the place and the area so extened. Our room 156 was clean, bright and large, full kitchen, very large bathroom. comfortable beds, nice balcony facing the water. There is noise from the road but it did not bother us. Great place to watch the sunset. Continental breakfast was fine, would have enjoyed having some fruit. Have already passed our positive experience on to a friend who lives in Ft. Lauderdale and he is going to try it soon.

Room Tip: stayed in the newer 3 story unit and thought it was great, think the other older units might have be...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

The resort set right on the gulf with outstanfing views of the sunset. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Swam in the gulf with the manatee. Wonderful experience. Cant wait til april to go back. There were hammocks for you to lounge on, rattan furniture outdoors to relax on and grills for cooking. A pool that overlooked the gulf. You could see turtles, barracudas and all kinds of water fowl. Lots to do and see in the keys. A must visit destination.

• Stayed April 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed in room 109, everything was great, good view, clean, quiet, comfortable bed, ok breakfast, nice outside lounging area........wish we could have stayed longer, than 5 days.
I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I paid $200 a night to stay on the bay. Instead, since I requested a room that allows pets, I was sequestered down the street, on a canal, behind a gas station. Instead of having a beatiful biew of the bay, we had an eyefull of Sanford and Son. Totally misleading. In addition to that, the construction was so poor that the people upstairs kept us up all night, walking running water moving furniture, was all magnified, especially the water in the pipes. It reminded me of when our radiators used to act up when I lived up north. Oh, and the barbecues, and all other amenities, are at the main location. A quarter of a mile back and forth. I guess thats ok if you enjoy cold food. Never again.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Lime Tree Bay Resort Motel? Share your experiences!