“Good and clean and friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Live Oak
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good and clean and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here to attend the concert at the park.
We needed a good place to rest,shower up and go back to the music park.
Gave us a late check out on the last day, thank you to the front desk lady.
I come every year,this will be my place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms over looking the large Oak trees.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I did not want to pay the price at the HI express,so I picked this one.
It was not bad ,the people checking in were friendly,the room was clean,and every thing worked.
I paid $65.00 ,the HI Express wanted $125,it is a small town and it was a one night stop.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I called this motel a few days before a 3 night stay. I had to cancel my first night stay so I called the motel 2 days before and talked to girl and cancelled my first night, she said you're all set and hung up! When I arrived they had told me that I had been charged for a NO Show for the night before. I explained that I had actually called and cancelled and thats when the attitude came out. Difficult unintelligent abrasive women were not giving me a chance to explain, and had no interest in working out the situation with me. The check in process was painful and slow and dealing with these people was infuriating beyond belief. I got charged for a room I never stayed in and they thought they were justified because whoever told me it was cancelled was not coming forward and being honest. As far as Im concerned this motel stole 70 plus dollars from me and now its in dispute with my bank and will be resolved painfully by the authorities, and not a helpful, well run hotel. Do Not Stay Here go across the Street to the Holiday Inn. Pathetic unprofessional unintelligent managers and staff. 100 thumbs down. Oy Yeah don't expect any help from the manager Shirl she was the most stubborn unprofessional Ive ever dealt with. Not worth saving money when you end up getting screwed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed here on business, trying to save my company some money so I chose this property instead of the H I Express and B W off the same exit. It was OK for a nights sleep but thats about it....Property is old and tired but the room was clean enough. The thing that irks me lately with some of the Choice Hotels is there is no complimentery toiletry items available at the front desk !!! I needed toothpaste (again) its my fault but just about every hotel has toothpaste available and was told "sorry" and I needed to go to the Walmart across the street. I am sorry but I do not want to go to Walmart at 11 pm for toothpaste when I kind of expect it to be available at my hotel if I need it. Maybe I am spoiled but I have been on the road for over 20 years now and this seems to be a trend with some of the Choice properties. Otherwise it seems to be OK for a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Do not stay here! We shower in the a.m. and discovered an hour before we were supposed to get on the road that our shower did not work. Did what we could about getting clean and shared info at the front desk when we checked out. I asked for a partial refund because we had no shower. Of course, the front desk could do nothing. We left our telephone number and the manager was supposed to get right back to us. A week later I called and the manager was not there again. Called the 800 # for Econo Lodge and placed a complaint. The complaint process yielded the manager was not going to give us any money back. We have no recourse. Most Econo Lodges are independently owned and you are at their mercy. The manager is extremely inconsiderate and has the skill level of a sixth grade education. Beware. This place is sub-standard!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed there last weekend. The hotel staff was pretty good and seemed to be very accomidating. However, there were several cleanliness issues in the room; smelled bad like vomit, there were several spiders and roach sitings.

The worse part was the people "shady" characters that hung around late at night. People would knock on your door and when I would answer, i wouldn't know who they were. It appeared that a lot of shady type of stuff was going on at all times.

It is not a kid friendly hotel as it seems that this is the place for the 1 hour rendevous.

Room Tip: Park close to your window so you can keep an eye on your car.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lilburn, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

The lobby smells like an ashtray. Upon checking in to our two rooms, one of the "non-smoking" rooms smelled so horrible that my fiance and I decided we couldn't stay in the room. Instead of offering different rooms, the manager yelled at me "It is a non-smoking room! It doesn't smell like smoke!!" At that point, we decided we WOULDN'T stay at a hotel that treated us like that. They refused to refund our money for the two rooms. I know it was a "bargain hotel" and didn't have high expectations, but you don't yell at customers. I was not yelling at them. The lack of customer service was appalling. Pay the extra $20 and stay at the Holiday Inn Express across the street. Thankfully, I put the room on my American Express...DISPUTE!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!