“Food is really just mediocre.” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Live Oak
Live Oak
“Food is really just mediocre.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We have tried the food there several times just to be sure it wasn't an "off" night. Once I sent my dinner back 3 times & it was still cold & unacceptable. Never offered an apology or anything from management. Even though I did not eat my meal, I still paid for it.

Visited March 2012

Perry, Florida
“A place that you will want to go back to...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I ate there last week...and the food is honest to goodness down home coming. I had the roasted chicken and my husband had the liver and onions...we both had mashed potatoes w/gravy, collard greens (very good) and a salad. The prices are reasonable and we plan to go back the next time we are in Live Oak which will be next week.

Visited September 2012
Live Oak, Florida
“too expensive for the so-so quality of the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The food was overdone and overpriced. burger was black on edges and service was slow

Visited March 2012
Tallahassee
“A gem from the good ole days!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The Dixie Grill was recommended to us by a staff member of the Stephen Foster State Park, and echoed by a couple of other visitors in the center. So off we went for lunch. An honest to goodness genuine down home place: southern style good food, excellent service, and a nice choice of well prepared vegetables. A welcome change and relief from the fast food choices along I 10. Well worth the few minutes drive from the interstate. We'll be back again.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Got sick and stayed sick all week”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

There is a cat or dog fecal smell when you walk in--should have turned around and left. Steak was gristly and chewy, salad bar was down-homey meaning that the stuff you would find on it is in your own refrigerator. There aren't many choices in this town.

Visited January 2012