My husband and I spent two nights at Little Palm Island Resort In January. We had decided to treat each other with a mini-vacation for just the two of us as our Christmas present to each other. We could not have picked a better place! Neither of us had ever been to the Florida Keys but we picked it due to the average January temperatures, east coast US location and reviews on Trip Advisor. We flew into Key West International airport (which is tiny!) and our driver was waiting on us(round trip driver service cost 250 which is a bit expensive but we had no need for a rental car other than the thirty to forty minute trip to the ferry.) We were greeted at a little welcome area that had a gift shop, bathrooms, sitting area and outdoor dock. The boats on the mainland leave on the half hour and we had an enjoyable trip to the lush and private island of Little Palm Island Resort.
1.The food is exceptional. We had one meal that was okay (cobb salad and a ceasar salad) but the rest of the meals were THE BEST WE HAVE EVER EATEN. We were shocked! gazpacho, braised short ribs, creamy cauliflower, omelets, burgers, lettuce wraps, asparagus gratin...simple foods which were transformed into something not so simple. I would recommend going over for the day if you live in the area just to eat at the restaurant.
2. Attentive staff...they were attentive without being obtrusive. I can't think of a single instance where our service was lacking. I would love to know the ratio of staff people to guests. It has to be high. We had friendly, highly competent service at the beach, bar, restaurant, spa, transportation and housekeeping.
3. Location.. the secluded, private nature of the island is a definite plus in my book.
We do not want to see or be seen when we are on vacation. We enjoy quiet, elegant surroundings without hustle or bustle. There are only THIRTY VILLAS on the island so we often felt we had the island to ourselves.
4. Size of the accommodations... The villa has a large bedroom with king size bed, adequate bath with outdoor shower and large sitting area. There are no TVs in the rooms.
5.Water toys are available without extra charge: kayaks, paddle boards etc ..we enjoyed paddle boarding around the 5 acre property.
Cons: There are very few cons but....
1. It is very expensive (both the accommodations, food and spa ...truthfully though I do not know how they provide all of the services that they do for just thirty villas). I would say yes it is expensive, but, yes you can see the value.
2. When we received the final bill on check out, there was one discrepancy that I noted. I called the front desk and left a voice mail and have yet to hear back from them. I trust it will be resolved shortly.
All in all, we loved it and are hoping to return next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Little Palm Island has been the escape of choice for presidents, high profile celebrities and savvy travelers alike. The magic of this island is its exclusive location where a captivating view exists in every direction. All Bungalow Suite are housed in thatched roof bungalows, with custom-made beds so plush some guests never want to leave; outdoor showers and all the requisite luxe amenities. There are no telephones or televisions, or guests under the age of 16 - the only distractions are the outdoors and each other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Little Palm Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Palm Island Resort And Spa
- Little Palm Island Hotel Little Torch Key
- Little Palm Island Fl
- Hotel Little Palm Island
- Little Palm Island Resort & Spa Little Torch Key, Florida