“Fresh!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
minneapolis
“Fresh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Loved that we had to take a boat just to get there. Delicious fresh food! Definitely get the crabcakes! Service was excellent. Even the ferry driver was entertaining!

Visited October 2013

Tucson
“Charm and great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had a great evening here! The short boat ride as the sun was setting was a great introduction. The food was very good and the fish was really fresh and very tender. One member of our party ordered crab cakes which were 95% crab with no filler. The scallops wrapped in bacon was a generous portion. The yellow fin snapper was incredibly tender and all the side dishes were tasty. Yes, it is pricey, but you are also paying for the atmosphere. This is a historic location and it was fun to hear about it from our very knowledgeable waitress and to look a tall the olds tires on the wall. However, the much touted key lime pie was only average.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“More about the experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The food was just ok - nothing great. The place thrives on it's history - not its food. The building is old - they say it's been there 85 years and it looks like it. I didn't go to the restroom but my daughter said it was horrible. The best part of the meal was the homemade french fries. They were really good. Rest was just ok. We paid $8 for a slice of chocolate cake. It was just a square piece of cake, not very big at all.
The server was very friendly and the boat captain was great. He took us on a short boat ride on our way back. The houses are amazing. The hostess was not friendly but not rude either.

I wouldn't go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Cheap Skate Restaurant Owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The food was average and over priced. Small parking area with limited spaces. The 3 minutes intracoastal boat ride was pleasant. We visited the restaurant to celebrate my sister's birthday. Only my husband ordered desert. My sister was served a desert with a candle. When the bill came, we were charged for the customary desert celebration they brought which was never ordered. I brought it to the owner's attention, and she made no effort to delete from the bill the desert that was never ordered by my sister.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Do NOT Celebrate Your Birthday There”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I took my sister as a birthday treat celebration to have dinner there. There's very limited parking. Nice 3 minutes boat ride in the intracoastal to the restaurant. The food is overpriced and there are no special views of the intracostal at night, The reservation was made as a birthday celebration. When ordering desert, my husband ordered a key lime pie. My sister and I did not order desert. The waiter came with a key lime pie with a birthday candle, gave it to my sister and sang happy birthday. She started eating and we kept waiting for my husband's desert. When I reminded the waiter that he never brought the desert my husband ordered, he brought him the desert. When the bill came, the restaurant charged us for the desert they brought to my sister to celebrate her birthday, which she never had ordered.

• Visited September 2013