“huge portions” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Marco Island, Florida
“huge portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I never thought I'd find good Chinese food in Lehigh Acres, but a friend told me about Chine Star which he said he grew up with. You come in through a side door, and the place is bigger than it looks from the outside. Very nice staff, and very big portions. I'd recommend getting a soup to start, they give you enough for 2 people.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

La Belle, Florida, United States
“Probably the best Chinese Restaurant in SW Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm a self proclaimed Chinese food aficionado. Since I'm from NY originally, I spent a lot of time in downtown China town and have had truly authentic Chinese food.

I'd been disappointed in most of the Chinese restaurants I'd visited since moving to SW Florida from the West Palm area, but China Star is a notable exception.

On my most recent visit, we had take-out and, very surprisingly my wife's Egg Foo Young was a bit overdone (burned). I called and was immediately given a heartfelt apology and a credit for that meal on my next visit.

All in all, I wholeheartedly recommend China Star in Lehigh Acres. Nice folks and great food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Heilbronn
“Good stuff affordable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We like the newly remodeled restaurant. Food is very good and the service very friendly. A typical family owned friendly atmosphere

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, a bit pricey but excellent food quality so worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

This is my go to Chinese restaurant. Food quality is excellent and service is always good. I do mostly take out and delivery orders. Prices are higher than the typical Chinese restaurant but this place boasts white meat chicken in most dishes and good cuts of other meats. Best Chinese food around

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lehigh Acres, Florida
“Outdated and so-so cuisine”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

You feel like you're in a time warp and transported back to the 70's. HIgh back orange chairs, dirty faded carpets. I went at the end of January and they still had Christmas decorations up.

Nothing great on the food and its not cheap - I had mongolian beef at $16 and all it came with was steamed rice. Oh - the garnish was a maraschino cherry. I didn't think they had maraschino cherries in Mongolia?? Other dishes were nothing to rave about.

I think they need Robert Irvine from Kitchen Impossible to do a makeover of their decor and food.
Lehigh needs a good chinese restaurant with table service - I'm still searching!

• Visited January 2012