“Good food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Greenville, South Carolina
“Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I dined here with a friend. My grilled cheese sandwich (I requested ham & swiss on rye) was delicious. Service was a little slow but I dined with a friend & was on vacation, so didn't mind the delay for the check to arrive.

Visited April 2014

Venice, FL
“Mom and Pop Dining at its Best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

My wife and I were in town to attend a balloon festival in nearby Immokalee. Looking for a place to eat we saw the usual chain restaurants and fast food places. Then we saw this little diner. It is unassuming, in a little strip mall. Decor was reminiscent of many country diners with memorabilia hanging on the walls. the menu was your typical country fare. Lots of fried food and sam'iches (yeah, that's what the menu said).

I had broasted chicken. Very good (of course i don't think I've ever had bad broasted chicken). As a side I had peach salad. This consisted of half a peach with some cream cheese and shredded cheese. Odd. Would not recommend it. Nott too keen on the desserts either.

Overall the food was good, but nothing outstanding. What makes this place worth a visit is the staff. Everyone was very friendly and several folks came over to talk to us. Really made us feel welcome.

As luck would have it, Karaoke started just as we sat down. This was small town Karaoke. The music choices ran from hymns to country to Elvis and Michael jackson. The singers went from teenagers to gamma and grampa. Very entertaining, but no American idol contestants in this bunch.

If you are ever in town, skip the chains and stop in at the Country Roads.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“I don't know.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We had a coupon that came in the mail two meals for $14.99 or something like that. we were going to use the coupon for dinner. About the time, all the coupon said was 4 o'clock. It did not say 4 to 6. It was after 6 and they would not honor the coupon with no ending time on it. I was always told,when in doubt the customer is always right. We were about half way though our dinner and noticed there were no roll with the dinner. I ask the waitress why they had no rolls, and her reply was,we have them but you have to ask for them. She said when they put rolls on every plate too many people threw them away, so they quit putting them on every meal. That's OK but they should put on the menu that you must ask for rolls??? The broasted chicken was fair,but could use some seasoning.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lehigh Acres, Florida, United States
“Good Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We went there for the first time with a coupon from restaurants.com The food was good but when it came time to pay we found out there was some confusion with restaurants.com and this restaurant was not accepting their coupons. Before I purchased the coupon I called the restaurant to verify that they did indeed have coupons on restaurants.com and was told that they most likely did as they had coupons out there pretty well everywhere! So I purchased 4 coupons. The confusion came in between the restaurant and restaurants.com but I the customer (and others) paid the price. Poor business tactics if you ask me. Anyway I got it worked out but it left a bad taste in my mouth. The couple we were with (didn't have coupon) told the waitress that it was a bad practice and she didn't think she would be back. Waitress's reply "Oh well we have lots of customers". Oh well there are other restaurants with good food
too. So food was good but the hassle over a coupon was not worth it. I'm sure they lost some good customers over this one.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lehigh Acres, Florida
“Awesome Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Finally something other than Perkins in Lehigh! So many things to choose from on the menu!! Iove the bisquits and gravy. The staff is always friendly!!

• Visited March 2014