“Naples at it's worst” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
The Villages, Florida
“Naples at it's worst”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband and I stopped in a Naples for dinner yesterday as we had forgotten why we had stopped comming. It didn't take long to remember. My husband ordered the Spegetti with Sausage. It was a bland spegetti sauce. The sausage lacked much seasoning and had obviously been microwaved. You could tell as one end was so hard you could not cut or eat it.
I ordered the Gnocchi Gamberoni, the potato gnocchi were tastless and did not have the correct texture, the shrimp were ok, the alfrado sauce was also tastless plus it had spinach in it which it did not say on the menu and is not my favorite vegetable. I did not eat the gnocchi in alfrado sauce after tasting it. The waitress asked me how I liked it and I let her know it was not very good. She offer to bring me something else and I ordered the Crunchy Eggplant Fries. They were crunchy but they were also greese soaked, the egglplant was mush inside and again tasteless except for an occassional bitter flavor. This time we will remember and not return. The service was excellent and having owned a restaurant myself in the past I would hire the waitress any day. The decore is tired and my booth seat was torn.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Central Florida
“Not what they once were, but still good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

When we first moved here 10 years ago, you had to wait on line for sometimes 40 minutes to get a table, especially during Snowbird season. Then, alas, the ownership changed, and prices went way up, quality and portion size went way down, so we stayed away for a while. Naples has changed hands again, with the original cooks back on board, and has improved tremendously. I really would give them 3 1/2 stars if I could. The have the best Garlic bread on planet earth. Some of their prices are still a bit out of whack. But a good meal can be had by all.

Visited April 2012
Wildwood, Florida
“New Owner's Cutting Quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

My wife and I ate at Naple's early evening 5:30 p.m or so. The waitress was very nice and timely. Ordered spaghetti & meatballs $8.99, with ice tea $1.99, and she ordered the special, chicken & broccoli alfredo. However, the item is listed on the regular menu and at the regular price of $14.99, so what made this item special? Usually a special is something that is not on the regular menu, or if it is, it is at a special price. Neither meal came with a salad... $14.99 and no salad!!! My wife ordered the small greek salad for $4.99, and a glass of chardonay $4.00, so with tax, what we thought would be an inexpensive Monday evening meal turned out to be $37.00, plus a $6.00 tip, for a $43.00 total. My wife did like her generous portion; however, the chicken was not grilled and tasted a bit rubbery. My spaghetti sauce was very bland with no fresh tomatoes/ basil in sight. The spaghetti used to be really good and so was the garlic bread; however, now you are given two small loaves of white bread. It is obvious the new owner's are cutting back, and for that reason, we will not be going back. What used to cost maybe $20.00 is now double. We could have eaten at Olive Garden and received all the salad and garlic bread sticks we wanted for about the same price.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Florida City, Florida
“What happened to this place???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I used to live near Leesburg and Naples Restaurant was always "The Place" that i took my visitors/friends to.Hidden away in a humble shopping plaza,it was a little gem coveted by all the locals.The food was always cooked to order and was so fresh and tasty,with generous portions and amazingly low prices.
The atmosphere was always so welcoming and friendly.The whole restaurant was always spotlessly clean no matter how busy they were.....And then it was suddenly sold !
The old owner sold the place in 2008 and the new owners have unfortunately not continued to run the restaurant in the same way.I have tried several times as i really wanted it to remain top of my list but i was consistently let down.Poor quality food,high prices,poor service and poor cleanliness sadly slowly drove me away.

Visited October 2011
Leesburg, Florida
“Good Italian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

The service is usually good and the food is plentiful and usually good.mIt a nice neighborhood restaurant.