“Adequate” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Leesburg
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Based on some other reviews, I thoroughly checked the sheets, mattress, and headboard for any sign of bugs. I did not find any. The room was reasonably clean. The mini-fridge ran but didn't keep things very cold. The pool had been closed by the county. The hotel was okay if you just need a place to sleep for a few days. Don't expect much but it's adequate for basic needs.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

Worst place I've ever stayed!!!! Shower leaked through the wall and the carpet was soaking wet and the room smelled horrible from all the mold. The room next to ours had bed bugs and so did another room on a different floor!!! There was a huge pile of furniture in the parking lot blocked off with caution tape. Probably infested with bed bugs as well! The staff was continually rude. Refused to give us any extra towels and argued with us when we requested them. The towels felt like sandpaper on my skin! The "continental breakfast" was stale and they didn't restock the food for the following day. We reserved two rooms, both with two double beds, next to each other. We got one with a double and the other with a king. They weren't even in the same building or the same floor! I can't believe we were charged $150 per room per night for this bed bug infested, moldy, rude place! I would never recommend this hotel and I am contemplating not staying at a Days Inn ever again. Days Inn should be ashamed to have their name on this dump!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

The hotel had bedbugs and cockroaches. The mangerment was rude and give one of your rooms away. The A/c didn't work in one of the rooms. Another room had a water leak.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I cant believe this place is still open... It was crawling with roaches and the houdkeeping department should be fired nothing was clean and we were there 2 days... not even the garbage was taken out of our room....

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
daysleesburg, Manager at Days Inn Leesburg, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
I would like to introduce myself, My name is Jeff Morgan and I assumed the position of hotel manager. My goal is to make your stay enjoyable. I have brought in new house keepers who are contincious and detail oriented to have the hotel rooms in the condition that you, my guest expect. We have maintenance living on the property to immediately satisfy any concerns that may arrive. Every room has new carpet and tile flooring.

I would like for another chance for your business. We appreciate our guests and work hard on guest satisfaction.

Jeff Morgan
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

Yep, I walked into a stuffy, moldy, non-smoking room that smelled like cigarette smoke. I immediately turned on the A/C and headed to the bathroom. There was a ring of mold/guck in the toilet and some "droplets" on the toilet seat. I really was hoping that "stain" was there because of bleach or something.....but when I grabbed some tissue and water, it came right off.....yuck!
The shower/bath looked so grimy, I had to place a towel down before I stepped in to take a shower.
The service was nothing spectacular...kinda a "just doing my job attitude". And then in the morning there is a buffet guard standing at the continental breakfast watching to make sure you don't take any food out - and if she suspects, she will approach you in the most abrupt manner I have ever seen!
Sure, it's cheap - but come on....give me some common courtesy and cleanliness. I expected cheap to not have the best.....but cleanliness is a must.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Kanata, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

We stayed here just one day to visit family. All of the staff were extremely nice and helpful; they certainly made us feel like we were at home, with a touch of southern flair.
Overall the hotel offeres free wi-fi and continental breakfast. Due to problems with the building the wi-fi was only available in the lobby in the next building over. However, the continental breakfast was very good.
I would have rated the room as clean, however we received an unexpected visitor at night: a large cockroach in the bathroom. This was surprising, as the room seemed very clean.
Despite a few setbacks, I'd definitely recommend this motel if you need to stopover in Leesburg, Florida.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Daytona Beach, Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

I called the Days Inn on 2/20/10 around 5pm to ask a few questions. I needed to make a reservation for the 21st, I spoke to Joyce who informed me that she could not see the next days availability and that I should call back on Saturday. Being as I have been in the Hotel business for years, I found it strange that she could not see the next days availability. When I said this to her, she replied " That I could come to the hotel and work the computer" I immediately requested to speak with a manager, Joyce stated that she was the only one there and that " She was busy call back tomorrow because I've got em lined up out here."
I am appalled at this employee's lack of phone etiquette, and clearly if you cannot see the next days availability, it would be impossible to have any walk-in's.
Considering the reviews are not very good about the hotel, one would think the staff would at the very least be pleasant. I sent this statement to corporate and they said sorry, but the GM of the property still has not gotten back with me.
It's March 11 and I have still not had a response from the GM.
Oh and FYI we were in town for a baseball tournament, when the first parents arrived and saw all the hookers in the parking lot and the filthy rooms, they moved all the team reservations elsewhere. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Leesburg? Share your experiences!