“Early Dinner Jackpot” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Clermont, Florida
“Early Dinner Jackpot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stopped on a Thursday at 5:30 for dinner the other night and hit the big time. The half rack with sweet sauce, collards, cold slaw and a tea was as good as my previous fellow reviewers say. The ribs were cooked and smoked well with a terrific sauce. The collards had more pork than greens in them which is a good thing. The slaw had raisins which worked to sweeten the hot cabbage in a cream sauce. The tea was never empty. The help could not have been more friendly without being family. Lake County has a new King of the Q.
PS had takeout pulled pork sandwich with sweet sauce that was really good.

fla
“Finger Lickin' Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were invited to our relatives place, which is right next door to Sully's, for dinner. She told us she was getting ribs from Sully's. We had never had them, so didn't know what to expect. "Wow", they were the best ribs we have ever eaten. They are cooked in a smoker outside next to the building and are so meaty and mouth watering. We live in The Villages, nearby, and I have been craving those ribs ever since that dinner. We finally made a trip over there, last weekend, and ordered a half rack of rib dinner, which my husband and I split, and we added the side of collard greens, and had some of their famous Brewster Stew. What a treat! You get your choice of 2 sides with a dinner, and extra sides are available for purchase. It is a real unique place with three picnic tables inside for guests that want to dine in, or you can order carry out. We called ahead, and our ribs were waiting for us when we got there. It was about a 30 minute drive. They also have desserts and beverages available. They sell jars of their BBQ Sauce, which is delicious, and homemade jams and honey which is brought in from a lower beekeeper. The owner, Trent Sullivan, couldn't be more friendly or accommodating. They also have pulled pork, sandwiches, and chicken. The price can't be beat, and you will leave feeling you more than got your money's worth and anxious to return. We will certainly be regular customers. They are open Wednesday's through Sunday, but call and check for the hours and, again, make sure you call ahead to order because they do run out. You wouldn't want to get there starving, only to find out they just sold the last rack of ribs, or it will be awhile before the next batch is ready. They also do catering. This is not a dress-up cafe. It is casual. Clean and neat, but not fancy. Our type of place. It makes a great place to eat if you are craving BBQ, don't want to cook, a place to take the family, or a real treat for your company from out of town, or guests that drop in unexpectedly. Give Sully's Smokehouse a try, soon! You won't be disappointed!

Morristown, New Jersey
“Best I’ve had, and I’ve tried a lot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Put Sully’s Smokehouse on the top of your bucket list of BBQ joints to try before you die. You know it’s going to be good when you walk through the front door and breathe in that aroma of fresh barbequed meat. Mmmmmm, I can still smell and taste those ribs with the meat so tender and moist it falls of the bone. Sully’s maybe small with just 3 picnic size tables to sit at, but it has character, the kind you want to see in a real BBQ joint. It’s advised that you call in your order ahead to make sure they don’t run out by the time you get there.

Thanks to the Sullivan family my quest for the best is finally over.

NH
“Great Barbeque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Wonderful family run barbeque. Priced right with good sides.
Love this place and would recommend to friends.
No frills just good food. A little out of the way but easy and worth it.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hudson
“Great BBQ! Great southern hospitality, and great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

My son had an interview in Umatilla today, and I used TripAdvisor to find a good restaurant
in or near Leesburg.

Sully's did not disappoint.

I was a little worried about it being rated this good, with only 30 reviews. I almost drove by it. "
I'm glad I didn't.

My family and I were starving. We got the family platter. 1/2 slab of ribs, half a chicken, pulled pork, 4 sides, 4 slices of bread, and 3 different kinds of sauce. The cole slaw was amazing. The ribs were served atop sliced bread, and fell off the bone as I tried to serve them to my daughter. My son had the pulled pork and couldn't get enough. My wife and I split the chicken and the pulled pork. The meat was smoked just right. Some places smoke it too much, and you feel like you're eating a campfire. Lots of food for around $25.

Call ahead if you want ribs late in the day, because I would imagine they'll run out.
Only a few tables, so you may have to wait to eat in, but it's worth the wait.
If I had driven by this hole in the wall, I really would have missed out. If you're in Leesburg, go eat at Sully's.