“Nice Surprise in Sleepy Citrus County” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
BeccaSmith_79
“Nice Surprise in Sleepy Citrus County”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the Rusty Duck. The prices were a little higher than we are used to for the area, but the food was good and service was impeccable. The restaurant is small, so make sure you get a reservation! I was hesitant after reading reviews of the dingy interior, but while it wasn't overly impressive, it wasn't bad either. The duck was done well, although I would have liked to see better descriptions of the flavors on the menu. Sticky Duck was BBQ duck. It was still tasty none the less. I would skip the cheese crock and duck fingers, but the brie was awesome and the desserts were great as well. We would go back for another special occasion.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kansas City, Missouri
“Seafood & Prime Rib”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The prime rib served at the Rusty Duck is about 32 oz and 3" thick. I didn't have it but 2 in my party did and they loved it. To order prime rib, you have to make reservations in advance - unsure how far, but we had them a week or more ahead. Reservations (2 seatings in evening) are required well in advance. Although not fresh (of course), the salmon in dill sauce was delicious. My stuffed shrimp was good but not delicious; I think the stuffing could've used some onion or something - I knew ahead of time it was stuffed with tiny shrimp and fake crab so I should've known it wouldn't be the very best because of lack of real crab. Another member of our party had coquilles, a scallop dish kind of like a potpie. He thought it was wonderful. They don't serve alcoholic beverages, but we could bring our own wine and the decanting fee is nominal. Most dishes we chose were in $16 range including soup, salad and potato or rice. I can't remember prime rib price.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
“First visit, not our last!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Small easy-to-miss restaurant. The food is amazing. Service was perfect. I had the seafood pasta. The seafood was fresh, perfectly cooked and so delicious. My husband had the shrimp alfredo. It was also very good. Portions are large. We did not have room for dessert. We tried to go back the following week since it was so good but we couldn't get a reservation. Be sure to call ahead. From the outside, you'd never think it is as good as it is. Don't be fooled by the appearance of the exterior.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Been going to The Rusty Duck for a number of years. Always a good experience. Every time we go, we try something different. Our friends like it as well!

Lakeland, Florida
“Amazing experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have been the Rusty Duck several times and each time it is the same experience. A wonderful dining experience. Don't let the outside of the building fool you. A must do dining experience.

BWB in Homosassa