“Don't let appearance fool you!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Italian, Continental
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
The Villages, Florida, United States
“Don't let appearance fool you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Heard about this restaurant last year and had been looking forward to having dinner here. Don't let the outside fool you!!!!!! What's behind the door is a truly dining experience. We had reservations for 5 at 7PM and we finished our dinner at 9:30PM. We got to enjoy each course in a relaxed atmosphere with time between to digest our food without being rushed. Three in the group had prime rib, one had a shrimp entree and I had Duck Emily. Everything is made to order and fresh. Amazing! Amazing!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Homosassa Springs, Florida
“excelent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Need reservations as the restaurant is small. Pure excelence in service , ambiance, and food. Will definitely return. Highly recomend.

Visited December 2011
The Villages, Florida
“Don't be deceived”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

When I first viewed the pictures of this place, I wondered if it would still be standing when we go there. Actually, it wasn't as bad as the pictures. It is casual, no doubt about it. Fancy, it is not! However, the interior is not terrible as some would make it out to be. Just a little funky, but comfortable. Menu is broad, lots of choices. Food is very good to excellent. The prime rib is a bit overwhelming, and my wife said it did not have much flavor; however, it was cooked properly (medium-rare) and was a nice cut of meat. I suspect part of the problem is the sheer size of the cut—hard to have good flavor in in piece of meat that large. I had the duck creole, and it was excellent, albeit spicy—but I guess that is to be expected when you order creole. Overall, the food was really quite good and the service was excellent. BYOB, so you have to remember to bring wine if that's what you want. Prices are not unreasonable considering the quality and quantity of the food. We'd go back. Also, there are only two seatings—5:30 and 7:30—we went at 7:30 with a large group. Friends have said that the 5:30 seating is better, not sure why, but they were referring to the prime rib, which I don't eat.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida, United States
“So worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I drive from Tampa to Ocala to visit family and that is one of only two places we go out to eat at. Yes the outside looks like an old abandoned garage, and the inside isn't much better, maybe an old ladies house, but the selection and quality of food is really amazing! I just went for Mother's Day weekend 5/2012 and had the Bree and Seafood bisque as appetizers, both were outstanding. I also love how you can bring your own beverages, helps the wallet at the end of the night. I have always had a great meal and superior service. Plan to be there for about two hours, just like eating at home with family, talking and enjoying eachothers company. This place is so worth trying at least one time in your life, you don't know what you're missing!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lecanto, Florida
“First and last time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

It goes without saying that the exterior is unkempt and neglected. The inside was cramped and uncomfortable as the chairs were metal and we were seated in an awkward area near the kitchen where waitstaff was treading back and forth to serve all of the customers. The plastic menus were dirty and it was so dimly lit that it was difficult to read. The inside did not look much better than the outside as the cobwebs hung from the ceilings. We waited over an hour for our salad and entree. The bread and coffee were very good, however the steak was extremely fatty and the fettucine smelled very strange. We were extremely lucky that my fiance did not eat much of the scallops(which were not cooked thoroughly) and the fettucine or I'm sure we would be at the hospital right now. As it is, he became ill after eating and has been suffering with severe abdominal pain and nausea all night and today as I am writing this. The waiter was extremely kind and attentive and the staff was dressed appropriately, except a kitchen staff who was wearing shorts and sandals. That hardly constitutes a fine dining experience. I could've sat in my garage and eaten a tv dinner and had more of a "fine dining" experience. My first clue should've been the dining cart which had water pitchers and menus on the top and bottles of tums (antacids) on the bottom. The food was in no way worth the wait or getting sick over. Skip the Crusty Duck or eat at your own risk!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere