“Uneven food quality hasn't discouraged us yet” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Buffet
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Uneven food quality hasn't discouraged us yet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

OK, so we don't normally eat vegetarian Indian food. We love the non-vege variety, especially that found at the Palace Indian restaurant in Davie, FL, but we had just found new friends, who are not only vegetarians, but also don't eat ANY garlic or onion! Yikes! I can't imagine that. So, we told the waiter that they eat none of that and his very matter of fact reply was, "Oh, Jain style." (Jains don't eat garlic or onions.) So that made it really easy. Our dinner was absolutely wonderful. So, we went back for the buffet on a Sunday and everything we ate was absolutely delicious. We were all in hogs' heaven. So, then, on a weekday, I suddenly got the craving and decided to go for the buffet all by myself. Very disappointed. Food was mediocre at best. But, we haven't abandoned this place, not by a long shot. We'll undoubtedly return for the weekend brunch and give them at least another try.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“Horrible food, equally horrible management!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I went to this restaurant last Friday and what a disappointment. The food had no taste and the portion sizes small. We ordered paratha roti and nan and I have never seen such a small portion of roti. At the end of the meal we ordered ice cream - vanilla and pistacho. The pistacho was the worst ice cream I have ever tasted!! I think there was curry in there. Not only did it taste terrible but the texture was off - it tasted like freezer burn. Then to add insult to injury, when we mentioned this to the server he just said "oh". The owner/manager came around and inquired if we liked the ice cream and when we again said that we didn't, his response was that Indian ice cream tasted like that!! He even had the nerve to say to order something else next time - never taking it off the tab!!
The next time I am in the mood for Indian food I think I will go to the West Indian restaurants - the portion sizes are huge and the food is excellent. Not to mention I think they treat people better over there! Hibiscus, Joy's Roti Delight, Tropics and Coal Pot are all excellent restaurants for Indian cuisine in Broward county!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Super delicious fresh food - who needs meat with this taste!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Our server was very helpful, the food tasted fantastic, the breads were a real treat. Was very happy to have leftovers at lunch the next day. Not a good place if you are stuck up and need fresh orchids on your table

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Trinidad and Tobago
“Fantastic Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

This restaurant feels like coming home to a warm cooked authentic Indian meal. The aromas upon entry will make your tummy growl in delight. It serves Hakka, south as well as north Indian cuisine and is pure vegetarian.
The Manager ensures that the needs of each customer is met.
I will be sure to return when next I visit this area.
Better signage may be needed on the exterior of the buikding since I drove past twice before actually finding the restaurant.

• Visited March 2012
Miami, Florida
“Light, tasty Indian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Woodlands is a bit of drive for us and there are closer Indian restaurants, but we keep coming back to Woodlands. We like to try new things each time but always order one of their specialties - Gobi Manchurian. This dish uses cauliflower as its base and has a barbeque-ish, spicy, sticky sauce that keeps you questioning - how did they make cauliflower taste so good. They also have a great selection of these lentil-rice pancakes called Uthappam that I've never seen at other Indian restaurants. Another wonderful section of the menu are their Dosas. So far we've only had the Onion Masala Dosa, which was light, very thin but rich with taste. The servers are always helpful and eager to explain any item on their menu. We look forward to exploring this more of this wonderful restaurant tasty cuisine in future vists.

• Visited November 2011