“Best Korean food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Korean food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Staff was friendly, explained multiple dishes -- we went with chicken dolsot bibimbab & chicken bulgogi. I really liked the dolsot and will be returning soon just for that dish. Authentic and reasonably priced (total bill was under $30). A welcome addition to the Fort Lauderdale food scene.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best of Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

It is a bit of a drive for me to go to this place so very often but I do for special occasion (dates, birthdays, habit breaker hang outs, etc). Love it for the cleanliness, attentive servers and owner, fairly priced for the flavor and experience.

Visited March 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“Great food, staff is courteous to a fault”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The charcoal BBQ was a bit expensive, but a good experience. My wife is Korean, and we found the cuisine authentic and well made. Four of us shared 2 meat choices for the charcoal BBQ, and the accompanying side dishes. We also had 2 appetizers - the seafood pancake and the Tokpoki. The appetizers were excellent, especially the Tokpoki. The staff was very friendly, and as we waited for a charcoal table to come open, we were asked by several different members of the staff if we wanted to sit at a regular table. But we had come to experience the charcoal, and the wait was only about 15 minutes.

We were a bit disappointed that we had to pay extra for 2 small bowls of rice ($2 ea), and they gave just a few lettuce leaves to wrap the bbq in, as it is traditional to put some rice, bean paste, meat, and maybe some of the side dishes, all together on some lettuce and wrap it up and eat it. They also used Romaine, whereas red leaf, green leaf, or Bibb lettuce are much better choices for wraps. They were also out of several dessert options, like Korean donuts, which my wife really wanted.

We'll definitely visit again, but earlier in the evening (we arrived around 7:30 PM). It cost about $26/person, plus tip, and we shared BBQ meant for 2 people. So you pay for the experience as much as you do the food.

Visited March 2014
Miami, Florida
“Korean food the new Asian Trend in a Great Way at Gabose”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had a great Korean dinner here. For those of you who have not had authentic Korean( sorry Sakaya Kitchen), this is great place to have it.

First of all do not expect a cheap meal. They use only the freshest items here at Gabose.

We started our meal with the Mandu(pot stickers) and they were delicious. We had td Jap Chae, a clear sweet potatoes stir fry dish that was delicious as well, a bit on the sweet side. Finishing with a delicious Seafood Pancake that was served with a semi spicy soy sauce based dipping sauce.

Dinner was a smorgasbord of different items for the 8 of us. We started with the Bulgogi, nice thinly marinated rib eye steak which you get to cook yourself. We also had the boneless Galbi, marinated short ribs which was delicious but a bit chewier than the Bulgogi. We had the pork Galbi which was delicious as well. We cooked all 3 to the desired temperature, but I like a little charring on my medium/medium well.

We also had the baby octopus, but they were a little chewy.

Don't forget to wrap some of the meet taco style with a Lillie bean sauce. It was great!

We had a pork bone hot pot soup that was a spicy and savory. It had in there a very aromatic green vegetable that was awesome.

Had a seafood soup with their own hand pulled noodles. The noodles were great, although I wished they stir fried them. The soup was okay by my standards. Seasoned okay, but nothing out of this world.

Beat of all was the Bibimbap. A rice dish served in a very hot earthen bowl which holds the heat in to create a crusty rice edge with a little sliced rib eye, aromatic veggie and other things, then topped off with a fried egg. Mix everything well and enjoy it.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sunrise, Florida, United States
“Great Food, Decent Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I always go here when we go out to eat. My wife always get the bogogi (sp?) but it is consistently good and I usually get a bubbling hot soup that has a mix of seafood in it which is a bit spicy but nothing that would offend the slightest spicy tolerance. The bogogi is a simple sweet style beef that melts in your mouth and comes with a dozen side vegetables that you can mix in it as well. We always get great service and they are more than helpful with first time go-ers since we went here after a fighting car ride about always going to chain restaurants and never venturing out of my wife and I's bubble. If the prices where maybe 15% lower we would probably go every week but it is still a once or twice a month visit! Don't be scared to try new things and ask the servers which is most popular if you are having trouble making a choice!

• Visited February 2014