“Nice experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shore Haven Resort

You added Shore Haven Resort to your Saves list
Shore Haven Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4433 North Ocean Drive, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL 33308   |
Berlin MD
“Nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

My husband and I stayed here in March for 5 nights. We stayed a few days in a hotel room, then upgraded to an efficiency. Both rooms was basic and clean. Our hotel room was a little "worn" and could have used some updating, but it was clean and comfortable! The pool area was nice, private and had comfortable lounge chairs for enjoying the sun. We didn't rent a car and the hotel arranged our airport pickup. We enjoyed our driver who humored us to no end. We liked the location of the resort and walked to everything. Restaurants, shopping, grocery store were all in walking distance. The beach was about a block away. The staff at the front desk was polite and attentive.

Don't expect extra fluff or fancy here. But if you looking for a reasonable priced, clean resort, that is centrally located in LBS, this is a great option.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Shore Haven was a great place to stay, for a really great price. It was clean, comfortable, and convenenient to everything. We didn't want to rent a car, so booked a ride from the airport. Once at Shore Haven, it was only a block walk to the beach, a couple of blocks to the little "village" with lots of restaraunts and shops, and a few more blocks to a large grocery store. The pool was only steps from our room, which did get a little noisy in the a.m., because of kids, but hey, they were there to enjoy themselves too. Owners were friendly and helpful, and the landscaping was beautiful.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Golden Valley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

The previous reviews were true!!! This place is a diamond in the rough!!! What a fantastic location....close to the beach and shops and eating places!! Everything you would want all within walking distance. The grounds are beautiful and the pools are great, not crowded and although the place faces a fairly busy road, once you are on the grounds, it feels so secluded and private!! The rooms are fantastic and beds super confy!! We had a unit with a full kitchen which was great for meals and there is a grocery store only a few blocks away!!! We cannot wait to go back!!! Already planning our next trip to the Shore Haven!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
NW Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

This is my kind of place. I love the character of this 40 yr old motel:) It is VERY clean and the owner was such a nice guy. It's one block from the beach. The grounds are lush and just beautiful. Very peaceful:) The only problem that my husband had was the shower was hard to regulate the temp but I didn't have a problem with it. The beds were comfortable as well:) I'd go back again and again:)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

Stayed four nights between Christmas and New Years. We booked in advance and the rooms were just fine. Connecting rooms was a great plus for us. Publixstore not far away. Kitchen was great. Clean gas grills in the garden. Really clean and nice pools and jacuzzi. Friendly staff. Several restaurants in walking distance. The beach was great as well. Will definetely return.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Black Rock, CT USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

I was expecting Shore Haven to have negative views across the board. I don't even recognize the photographs that are shown on the site. Our room / experience was awful.
The water didn't go down the tub. I was so grossed out by the whole thing, I ended up showering in my friends' hotel room. The sink was not clean.
It had a horrible smell as if someone had been smoking for decades in the room with all doors/windows closed. But we had to close all the windows...there was always someone smoking out in the court yard. Only the A/C didn't work. We had to call the front desk to fix that and the remote. Which they did fix.
I think we were in room 104. I don't know if that is the smoking area. But it was disgusting. I will never go back.
I stayed at High Noon for a few days before this. Thumbs up to High Noon. Which was probably double the price...but definitely worth it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Rthor, GM at Shore Haven Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2010
That's unfortunate.

If I have the right person, she wanted the cheapest possible room so I offered a room on our garden side. These are our smallest rooms. She found 2 problems with the room and wanted an additional discount. Instead of giving a discount I fixed the problems.

The remote was broken because someone dropped it on the floor and destroyed it. I fixed that by replacing it.

Second problem was A/C. She said that someone smoked in the room but if the A/C would work then she would be OK because she would be able to air it out. The problem with the A/C was that someone bent the plug's pins in order to fit the plug into a 220 volt outlet. However, the A/C was a 110 volt A/C, which is why the plug did not fit into that 220 volt outlet. I have no idea why someone would do this but this comes with running a hotel. I fixed it also.

Nobody smoked in this room for decades. That is a ridiculous statement. Somebody probably did smoke in the room the night before despite the no smoking signs. If the problem was smoke I would have moved her to another room. However, it seems she preferred to stay in the room and write a negative review of a whole place which is unfortunate.

Arthur
canton, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Always a great stay. I have been returning year after year.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Shore Haven Resort? Share your experiences!