“Fair place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shore Haven Resort

You added Shore Haven Resort to your Saves list
Shore Haven Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4433 North Ocean Drive, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL 33308   |
Colorado
“Fair place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Good place overall. It is close to the beach, the main reason to stay there & it was clean. The bed frames seems to have been made by the hotel staff of plywood and then they put the mattress on top. Sitting or lying on the bed makes it sound like a whole train is taking off due to the (old) wood noises.

Common, for a fairly nice place they could fix that issue.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Boynton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This place has all you need, two pools, BBQ areas, a hot tub and is 300 yards from the ocean. Have been staying here, and recommending to friends for almost 20 years. Always clean, you cant go wrong here for the money. You won't need a car, ample restaurants and bars it hin a 5-10 minute walk. Friday nights, a huge street party with live music, great spot

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I took our one year anniversary/honey-moon we never had at Shore Haven. We were drawn there by the great price ($89.00 a night) and there close access to the beach. Little did I know it would also provide the perfet lttle oasis for us to relax. We got a nice large King room with a small kitchenette. The pool was right down the stairs as well as the hottub and grill. The beach and LBTS area ws very close so we got to cover a lot of shopping ground as well as restautrants, bars, and the beach.
The management is always nearby and they are extremely cheerful. The FT. Lauderdale airport is about a 20 minute cabride away or an hour bus ride, which we found to be very easy and cheap. I think this is a perfect private location for families or couples who want to save a few bucks, but also enjoy the great fun Lauderdale has to offer.

Positives: Location, nearby restaurants and bar, the pool, kitchenette, price
Negatives: some things in the room did not work like the fan, bathroom ceiling light, and the grill outside was not working for us either. Housekeepers get Sunday off and didn't replenish our soap or shampoo once

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Owen Sound
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Shore Haven was better than I expected, considering the room price. The property is close enough to the beach and pier to walk back and forth several times a day. Lauderdale-by-the-Sea is cute, but most of the restaurants we went to were overpriced for what they were. That made the full kitchen in the room even better... we ended up just grabbing groceries instead of dining out.

The room was basic but clean and quiet. It's not a five-star resort people... it's great for family or friends travel. If you're used to plush carpet, an ornate lobby and an on-site spa, this probably isn't the place for you. It is, however, clean, quaint, and close to everything you need in a cute seaside village close to a bigger city.

Shore Haven's owner was helpful and really polite with us from questions I had at booking, to checking in, and all through our stay. We (four women) were all very happy with the hotel, so much so that we all plan to return.

Room Tip: Rooms are on two floors, no elevator so ask for lower level if stairs are an issue.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Hialeah, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Where do I begin????
I am a local of Florida and yes like to have fun on my family vacations which I believe is what a vacation means??? to me. My idea of fun is laughing, swimming and enjoying my family's company. We reserved 2 rooms to celebrate my sister in law and niece's birthday on Labor Day weekend. My handicap grandfather was staying with me and my husband and son on the first floor. We had not even walked in the door and was rudely confronted by "RICHARD" the office clerk?? who needs MAJOR customer service training. He told us that there were a lot of people and did not want us to make any noise because people from Miami make a lot of noise late in the evening. First of all, we do not make noise and second of all we are on vacation and can make all the noise we like especially if we are paying for it ??? Our neighbors were screaming all day all night and nothing was said to them..however were greeted everyday??? Richard passed us daily with not even a HELLO?? smoking 24 hours a day...We did not have any cleaning service, no garbage was picked up, no towels given. Big mistake to the locals because we live here, tourists will come and go. So unfortunate that word of mouth is everything here in Florida and the word will go around not to stay in such an unfriendly piece of crap !!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Montevideo, Uruguay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The room was very clean and spacious. The staff was very kind. There is a pool on location and the beach is a less than 5 minute walk straight ahead. There are a few nice places to eat and drink the same distance.

Room Tip: Get the king size bed.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I can not imagine how anyone would write a bad review of this hotel. Yes, it is a bit dated but that is ALL you will find in Lauderdale by the Sea. That is the charm of it. It is mostly if not all mom and pop type hotels. No big chain hotels. It is a bit quirky which is what I loved about this small little community. The room was very clean. I had internet. Room smelt fine. No bugs of any kind! Great airconditioning. Helpful and friendly at the front desk. It seemed to me that there are a bunch of long term residents there. Everyone seemed to know eachother. One night it looked like there was a pool party going on or some kind of cook out. I felt so comfortable. I felt like I was staying at a relatives house. All the other guest said hello when we past them. The place is in walking distance from the town which is so charming. Just remember this before you go....this is not a hilton, motel 6, hampton inn, marriot nor holiday inn. If that is what you are looking for do not come to this small quaint town. Do not expect elevators and garage parking. I loved it and I especially love how the manager/owner comments on all reviews to this site. That is customer service.

Room Tip: Rated restauant and fitness center as excellent but there is not a restaurant nor fitness center. Ju...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Shore Haven Resort? Share your experiences!