My family and I recently just stayed at The Sealord in one of their oceanfront suites with 2 balconies. The room itself was very nice and clean, and it has a flat screen TV in both the bedroom and living room area. The balconies had a great view of the ocean. The pool was always clean and it's fairly big so you have lots of room to swim and relax. But, there are a lot of bad things about this hotel. One, the pool deck. It is almost impossible to get a longue chair by the pool unless you go down at like 7 am to reserve one. That means you either have to sit at a table or go out and lay/sit on the beach. Before the remodeled there was an endless amount of longue chairs by the pool, now there's only 4. You can pay $5 for a longue chair to use on the beach, but I think that is ridiculous. They should be free, we already are paying for enough as it is. Another complaint I have concerning the pool is the guy who cleans it. He is a tall, bald man who never smiles or says much to anyone. He doesn't start the whole pool cleaning process until like 8:30am, which is when I usually wanted to use it. He also goes around the pool deck sweeping all around you, even under your chair when you are trying to relax. He just gave off a bad vibe. The next complaint I have is the breakfast. It is absolutely terrible. All you have to pick from is 2 cereal choices, 2 or 3 fruit choices, stale bagels, and cheap pastries. They also make you eat your food in the small dining area now, you aren't allowed to go to your room. A lady with shoulder length blonde hair is usually supervising the breakfast. One time she came over and poured coffee for me when I never even asked for it or even wanted it. So to be nice, I drank it. It sucked. It was bitter even with lots of cream and sugar added. I ended up only drinking two sips, which I think made her mad because every day since then she stopped saying good morning to me and just gave me an evil glare. It's not my fault your coffee sucks. My final complaint is the maid service. The first full day we were there, no maid came to our room. Since it was the first day it didn't really matter, but still. After that the maid would come, but at different times every day. She'd come at 9am, then the next day she wouldn't come til like 4pm. It made it hard to avoid her cause she ended up always coming in whenever we were in the room. The maids also don't knock if you don't have the do not disturb sign on. They walk right into your room, without any warning. We also never got clean sheets or pillow cases any of the days we were there, all the maid does is fluff your pillows, make your bed, and vaccum. You'll be lucky if she gives you more than 2 clean towels. Overall, the experience was just okay. The rooms are very expensive, but have great views. The pool is nice and gets a lot of sun. But the staff and service flat out sucks. The only nice staff member is the long brown haired girl who works at the front desk. She always says good morning and seems to be happy most of the time. Hope this review is helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Lord is located on South Florida's exclusive Gold Coast and provides spectacular views in a relaxing atmosphere. At the Sea Lord we pride ourselves on our friendly hospitality. Our dedicated management and staff are eager to make your holiday the most memorable ever. The good life is here. Visit us once and we are sure that you will be like our many guests who return again and again. Allow us to make Sea Lord your home away from home. We have 47 rooms including 27 suites and 8 different types of rooms to choose from. Continental Breakfast is included as well as parking, Wi-fi and beach towels.You'll enjoy dining and shopping just 10 minutes walking distance. The area is perfect for family vacation, romantic getaway or just your annual visit to Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Sea Lord Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Lord Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Sea Lord Hotel And Suites
- Hotel Sea Lord
- Sea Lord Hotel & Suites Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida