“Great Value and Location” 4 of 5 stars

You added Sea Lord Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Sea Lord Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4140 El Mar Dr, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL 33308   |
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great Value and Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed on Memorial Day weekend, and we loved it!! Being a native of Fort Lauderdale, I knew that most hotels on the ocean are overpriced. We found that there was great value and the staff went out of their way to treat us top notch. My only complaint is that the shower did not drain very well, but other than that, we were very pleased. The ocean view was amazing and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. Thank you Sea Lord staff!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Checked in Friday evening. Could not use our room's balcony due to extremely noisy fountain below which had the pump running with no water. Rented beach chairs on Saturday to be used until 5:00. Got up from the chairs around noon to get a drink from our room and as we looked out the windows the chairs were taken away and padlocked to the chair stockpile near the pool. Since they had a wedding scheduled Saturday, which they did not mention when we confirmed our reservation, the pool was off limits on Saturday to the extent that I was refused entrance from the beach area to my room and told to walk around the block to the front of the hotel by the pool Gestapo. Breakfast was offered from 8 'til 10. If you did not get there early the food (cereal, bread, watermelon, orange juice was the extent of the selection) was gone and not replenished. Pool Gestapo would actually stand at gate from beach to pool area and make guests rewash the sand from their feet! Room was poor; not at all like the photos online. My bath towels even had holes in them. All in all a very sad but very costly holiday weekend stay.

• Stayed May 2013
South Florida, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Here we go the good: I was able to book a last minute oceanfront unit for memorial weekend, I've stayed in the area before at the High Noon resort was sold out, I opted for this location knowing that this is a quiet area and great for relaxing with my family. The hotel, not a resort by far, is very well kept, clean and very nice location. You can walk to restaurant and pier. View from my oceanfront was beautiful(pay for oceanfront and get high floor).

The ugly: was not told there was a wedding when I called to confirm my reservation.. I was told when I arrived at front desk that Saturday the pool area would close at 5pm, (not heated by the way, sun only hits pool until about 4:00pm) the small cafe/restaurant would also shut down entirely Saturday and reopen Sunday until lunch time. (Again was not told until I went down Saturday morning to get breakfast(free breakfast is just breads,cereal and watermelon and Orange juice watered down coffee). Nothing would be prepared by kitchen because they were prepping for the wedding. After I politely went to front desk to question what else would not be accessible to guest because of the wedding, the young very rude lady said well sorry if you want you can just leave!!! What...I have never ever experienced this kind of customer service(non existence here) There would have been another way to treat the guest staying here that we're not part of the wedding group! maybe if they would have some type of common sense they could have offered a complimentary drink/lunch/or even a beach chair rental for the angry and dissatisfied guest(which were quite a few I spoke to by the way). Not to mention the way they patrol your every freaking move..,I literally felt like if we were in some sort of military boot camp! No kidding, my goodness let your Paying Guest RELAX, isn't this what a vacation is supposed to be. If you have a nice family with kids, we are not loud,nor disorderly or have misbehaved kids but these people are seriously mean! by no mean go here!!!!! Will never return, too bad many others felt the same way!

Great Neck, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times, the first time was ok, the second time the Hotel was under construction and failed to let guests know, the internet service they claimed to have was horrible and my last stay was a nightmare.

Upon checking in my wife had to do some work, so we went to the room and sure enough the internet was down, we spent our vacation time back and forth dealing with the front desk while they were "rebooting" and "rebooting" again. Finally they said they called Comcast to fix the issue and the internet was up and down for our entire stay.

I witnessed the owner of the hotel come out to the pool on our second day and scream at someone’s child that was diving into the deep end of the pool, all in front of the child's parents, I was mortified for the parents, but if that was my child I would have done a lot more than the child’s parents did. The owner quickly realized how many people were at the pool and apologized for screaming, but tried to justify his yelling by saying they have no diving at the pool and pointed at a sign on the wall.

My nightmare started on a night when this small hotel that had no business hosting a wedding closed the pool and lobby to all guests inconveniencing everyone staying in the hotel. My wife and I choose to leave knowing it was just going to get worse for all the guests that night. We went into town and arrived back after the wedding was over to find no parking because of the wedding, I was met by a "security guard" that asked for the keys to my car and offered to park my car which I refused. He then raised his voice to me and I was appalled, when I objected to the way he spoke to me he threatened to fight me, raising his fists...the situation was defused by family members of the owner of the hotel that pretty much run daily operations.

I was then told to park across the street in a dark unlit parking lot and that it was ok because the owner of the hotel just purchased the lot. As I drove my car to the lot I noticed a sign that said illegal cars will be towed. I hesitated to enter the lot and as I did I was accosted by some crazy man that came out of the hotel next to the lot telling me to turn off my headlights, he then told me that if I park there my car wouldn't be there in the morning.

I drove back to the hotel and one of the owners family members moved their car so I was able to park, the owner then tried to pacify my wife and I by asking us to have drinks with him and after saying no 4-5 times I finally gave in...The owner was telling me how he wanted more weddings and was building up the place, building a spa and purchased the hotels across the street, even showing my wife and I drawings of the new additions. I really could care less as I was on vacation and it was 12:30-1am.

As per the owner they are trying to bring more weddings into the hotel and inconvenience the guests that stay at the hotel further, all they seem to care about is the revenue they are making on a one shot wedding rather than repeat customers...

I am planning another trip to the area, but I won't go back to this place...I will say this the view is good and the rooms are clean...other than that they really don't care about the guests

....Take your chances at this hotel, they could be doing construction, having a wedding or private party and forget reliable internet service that won't happen...for the money they charge they should be more concerned with the guests ….

Room Tip: choose a room facing the ocean
Miami, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Was not happy with the service and have a couple of complaints.
The hotel had an evening wedding and we were told that the pool would be closed at 5.
The kids dived one time in the pool and the owner came outside shouting and screaming at them in a very aggressive and rude way.pretty much everyone that I spoke too that day had the Same concept about the service and the rudeness. I will never rent here again. They are not kids friendly! Pool is not heated.

Room Tip: Book ocean view is beautiful.
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed in Room 205 for Memorial Day weekend (3 days). We were told the hotel was built in 1957. The kitchen had been slightly updated. The worse part, the bathroom, was clean but would accomodate someone no taller than 5'5" - very cramped with low ceiling and low shower head. The paint in the tub was peeling, no exhaust fan and window would not open, and the hairdryer cord had to be looped under/over the pedestal sink then over to the outlet (hazard), bath towels had holes in them. The bed was comfortable, but old. Dark red bedskirt had bleach stains on it. The lamps were chipped, lampshades had holes in them. Dark red walls in the bed area had large white chips in the paint. Make sure when you reserve that there are no weddings planned. We were told upon check-in that the pool, diningroom, and beach would be closed on Saturday at 5:00 pm; however, they began to close down the dining and pool area at noon for prep and decorating, explaining that "events come first." Ask for a room above the second floor due to overgrown palm trees blocking the beach view. Location was within walking distance to restaurants, pier, and shopping which was a good thing since parking was so limited (especially with the wedding guests) we were afraid to move our car in fear of loosing our space. All-in-all you do not get what you pay for. We have photos of each of the complaints.

Room Tip: Refuse Room 205 - very poor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This property is located right on the beautiful beach of Lauderdale by the Sea. This hotel only has 47 bedrooms so you don't get lost like in larger properties and it is extremely easy to walk around.
We were there for a short stay so we parked the car and didn't touch it, so parking was not an issue for us. It is nice to have breakfast and Internet included. Staff is friendly. Our bedroom was nice and clean. Pool area is a bit small but the beach is right there. We used the beach.

Room Tip: With lower floors you don't have to deal with the slow elevator
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Lord Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!